1. That I was responsible for the childhood obesity epidemic. With the 20 minutes of homework I gave three times a week. To high school honors freshmen.
2. A parent once claimed that her daughter kept losing her school jumper because I was selling them.
3. That the reason their son was making inappropriate, sexual comments towards me was because I was "enticing him with flirtatious private meetings". They were referring to the times I had to keep him back after class to lecture him on his behaviour.
4. I had a student tell her parents that I was picking on her because I tossed her a piece of candy and she didn't catch it, so it hit her forehead. The parents came in and called me racist for picking on their daughter because she's Mexican. I looked at them and said, "Are... Are you serious? Is this some sort of a joke?"
The mom proceeded to say, "Absolutely not. I can tell you're racist by looking right at you."
I responded, "I don't know if you noticed, but I'm Mexican."
5. "She doesn't have to be smart, she has to be pretty. She will find a rich man, marry him and never use chemistry again."