He consoled her with flowers and, ultimately, he consoled her with his companionship.
11. Carrie's French bulldog Gary accompanies her everywhere, even onto TV talk show sets whenever she's a guest.
12. Has one daughter, Billie Lourd, whose father is the powerful film agent, Bryan Lourd. Fisher and Lourd never married. After Lourd left her for a man, Fisher used that experience as the opening premise for her novel, "The Best Awful".
13. Revealed in her memoir "Wishful Drinking" that she once had a romantic relationship with U.S. Senator Chris Dodd (D-Connecticut). When Dodd was once asked to comment in 2007, he told a reporter, "it was a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away".
14. Along with her writing career, she also became a successful rewriter of movie scripts, saving many troubled productions. She worked on several high profile scripts, including the Star Wars prequels, Hook, Sister Act, The River Wild, and The Wedding Singer. She was known for her ability to polish up dialogue.
15. The punk rock group Blink 182 wrote a song called "A New Hope" in which Fisher's character Princess Leia is the lead singer's dream girl.