13. During an interview, Rappеr Bіggіe Smalls claimed somеone was tryіng to kіll him. He was shot to dеath not long after.
14. Henry Heimlich, the inventor of The Heimlich Maneuver, went around the country to promote his technique. It wasn't accepted as something that could stop someone from choking. Took awhile for people to catch on that this maneuver actually worked.
15. Ludwig Boltzmann was the first to talk about entropy, a thermodynamic quantity representing the unavailability of a system's thermal energy for conversion into mechanical work. He was ridiculed, but his work now allows us to have cars and space rockets.
16. Prof. Raghuram Rajan, wrote a paper titled "Has Financial Development Made the World Riskier?", where he argued that it has. People laughed at this idea and soon after we had the 2009 financial crisis.
17. Tesla predicted smart phones in 1926, something most immediately preceding science fiction failed to do.
"We shall be able to communicate with one another instantly, irrespective of distance. Not only this, but through television and telephony we shall see and hear one another as perfectly as though we were face to face, despite intervening distances of thousands of miles; and the instruments through which we shall be able to do his will be amazingly simple compared with our present telephone. A man will be able to carry one in his vest pocket."
18. Sinead O'Connor protested the Catholic Church in Ireland, claiming they were covering up child abuse in 1992. This lead to decline in her album sales, however, recently four Dublin archbishops were found to have turned a blind eye to cases of abuse from 1975 to 2004.