19. In the 2012 debates versus Obama, Mitt Romney claimed Russia to be the primary geopolitical foe of the United States. Not Iran, or North Korea or China, and was widely mocked for it.
20. Jose Canseco brought to light all the steroid use in Major League Baseball, and was chastised significantly after.
21. In 1987 Republican Bud Dwyer was convicted of taking bribes, and faced a possible 55 years in Federal prison. Throughout his trial he maintained his innocence. On January 22nd, he called a press conference where he repeated that he was innocent. Afterwards, he handed out some envelopes to his staff containing personal documents. He then produced a 4th envelope and pulled out a 357 magnum revolver. He then put the gun in his mouth, and killed himself.
In 2010 a key witness, Bill Smith, admitted that he'd lied under oath in the trial. Bill Smith was facing a prison sentence, and believed if he could pin the blame on Dwyer, he'd get a lighter sentence. He also wanted to spare his wife a prison sentence as she was also involved in the plot. Dwyer was, in fact, totally innocent.
22. Michael Moore predicted in July 2016 that Trump would win the presidency by carrying Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio and Pennsylvania.
23. Barbara McClintock discovered "jumping genes" in maize. After she was disgraced by the scientific community, she stopped publishing her research on the topic. Her theory was confirmed almost 30 years later.
24. Bob Ebeling was a Morton Thiokol engineer that fought to keep The Challenger space shuttle grounded. He told his wife the night before the launch that he knew the shuttle was going to explode.