8. Pandas got it pretty rough.
They used to be bears. Like real, meat-eating, dangerous to mess with killer bears.
Now they spend 14 hours a day eating bamboo which has a bad nutritional value and the rest of the time sleeping because bamboo is a bad energy source.
No wonder they don't breed very well, the poor things are exhausted.
9. The Irish Elk. The cause for their extinction is disputed, but one theory is that they evolved antlers so large their habitat could no longer sustain them.
10. Greenland sharks have it pretty rough IMO, they are all blind due to a lovely parasite that latches onto their eyes and are thought to be the longest lived of any vertebrate at 392 ± 120 years. That's a long time to blindly swim around in freezing water.
11. Sloth, literally dies by grabbing it's arm and not the branch.
12. The poor turtles that hatch on a beach at night and follow the light (the moon) which evolution has timed to lead them to the sea.
But now the lights from the town lead them up the beach and on to the roads, they walk for ages and never find the sea :(
UK redditors will know this was recently documented on Planet Earth II.
This article continues on the next page!