17. The octopus.
Incredibly smart, capable of solving puzzles, and generally displaying very smart behaviours. They pretty much self destruct after one reproductive episode, and the females live only long enough to protect her eggs.
18. Chicken. Went from fearsome dinosaurs... To whatever it even is. A flightless(?) bird who's eaten and the butt of many jokes.
19. Peppered moths. They evolved to blend in with tree bark, then the industrial revolution covered all the trees with soot, so they stood out like a sore thumb and got eaten by birds. This created a selection pressure towards black pigment making them darker.
Then humans finally twigged that all this pollution isn't a good idea and cleaned up their act, so the now black peppered moths stood out against the clean trees.
20. Angler fish. Males in particular. I believe this fish resulted from mother nature's worst breakup.
21. Sea cucumbers, they're living anuses that can spew their guts out as defense.
22. Bed bugs evolved to have sex by having the male stab the female with his hypodermic penis.