6. I deliver pizza. I took the delivery and this girl answered the door wearing only a towel, she looked like she just jumped out of the shower. She smiles at me a little flirtatiously, her towel is barely covering everything. Her mom turns the corner and yells, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" And chases her daughter upstairs. The girl got this hilarious "oh crap" look on her face as she ran too. The mother then came back, paid, then I simply left.
7. I delivered pizza for ten years. Once the door was answered by a middle aged man who ripped the door open, screamed, "THERE'S NOBODY....(pause)...HOME!!!!" Then slammed the door in my face.
I stand there for about 45 seconds before a young woman answers the door and says, "Oh, hi. Sorry, that's just Jerry," then proceeds with the transaction like nothing is going on while Jerry marches around the house with his hands in the air screaming, "THERE'S NOBODY HOME. THERE'S NOBODY HOME. THERE'S NOBODY HOME."
8. My strangest experience was delivering to a trailer park. I pull up and the guy is outside waiting for me.
I tell him his total and he hands me a "twenty." Now this twenty was the size of monopoly money, was in a black and grey color scheme, and printed on obvious printer paper. You could also see where he messed up cutting it with scissors.
Now, I had no training on the matter, and apparently you are just supposed to take the money, and notify the store. But I was young and dumb so I told him there was no way I was taking that.
He gets pissed! He is screaming and saying he will call the police. I then call the police... and he is promptly arrested for drug offences and counterfeit currency.
9. Delivered to an old lady smoking pot and listening to Hendrix in her backyard. She says she'll give me a ten dollar tip if I take my shirt off. I just look at her and laugh. She says it again so I take it off and flex a bit to earn the money.
The lady grumbles, says it wasn't worth $10 but gives it to me anyway.
10. I delivered pizza as a second job for a while. I had one regular Sunday night customer. He refused to leave the house or make physical contact so he had developed a system where I would place his pizza and soda on a platform and he would pull it up from his second floor window. I never actually saw him, just spoke to him on the phone. The order was always the same, a large Meat Lover's pizza and a 2-litre bottle of Pepsi.