Sometimes, you just *know* when you've met the right person. Here, smitten people share the exact moment they knew they were dating a keeper.
1. When he showed up on my doorstep with wine in San Francisco after driving 8 hours as a surprise. Somehow he managed to keep it all a secret till he was there. I thought I wasn't going to get to see him at all that summer. His reason? He just missed me.
2. It was the second or third time we had sex... I ran outside her house buck naked to throw the condom in the garbage across the street.. came back inside to find her sitting naked on the floor where we left off, eating Pringles.. We laid there all night and talked till morning...that’s when I knew.
3. When he explained, in detail, the treehouse he plans to build for me.
4. I was in college, I was working two jobs, 60 hours a week. I met her on OKCupid. She would come over and we would hang out, often we would watch a movie and I would fall asleep exhausted. She would put the covers over me, go downstairs, walk past the front door, through the dining room, the kitchen and into the computer room to say goodbye to my dad.
Every time she left, she made sure to say goodbye to my parents.
5. My husband and I met on eHarmony. I let him know from the start that I had a young child and he assured me that he was ok with that. My son was 1 1/2 months old when we met (long story) and, when he came to pick me up on our first date, he brought my son a teddy bear that played music and a pack of cute Valentine's day bibs.
I thought that was a really sweet gesture. We had an amazing first date and we started dating regularly. He was there for me when I was going through the challenges of being a first time mother, trying to breastfeed and, ultimately, finding out I couldn't make enough milk to feed my child, and having to put him on formula (I was devastated). For a man I just met, I couldn't believe he was so willing to help in a situation where most men would turn tail and run. But, that wasn't the clincher. (continued)