14. When I realized he'd never broken a promise to me, no matter how big or small. He said he'd be there at three? He's there at three. He said he'll take out the trash? It is done.
15. When I realized that wherever he was felt like home.
16. My older sister came to visit when I first began dating my girlfriend. I had told my girlfriend how close I was to my sister, and how wonderful she was. Previous girlfriends had found my sister threatening because of our closeness. My girlfriend couldn't come over, due to obligations, until about 10 PM on the evening my sister arrived.
My sister was in the guest room in bed, beneath a mosquito netting (I live in the tropics). When my girlfriend and I walked in the room, she lifted the netting, crawled in next to my sister and gave my sister a big hug, telling her how happy she was to meet her. They have been close ever since, and my girlfriend and I have been married now for 24 years.
17. We had been together for almost two years already and I loved him so much already. But I knew when we were in line at Subway and they asked him what kind of bread he liked and he said, "Italian," paused, looked at me, and whispered "That's the kind I like, right?"
18. My boyfriend was an eagle scout who collected rocks when he was little. He had purchased a heart shaped tiger's eye from Disney land when he was a tot, and kept it hidden with the intention of gifting it to the girl he was going to marry. One night, when I was almost asleep he asked me if I would want a "promise rock". This is the first he had mentioned the rock, and in my sleep-talking haze, I didn't understand and kept repeating, "Promise gravel? How romantic!"
Months later he gave me the rock for Christmas, despite my sleepy sub-conscious being a real kill-joy. It is the single most sentimental object I own and it is a physical symbol of all the incredibly romantic things he has done for me.