Answer: Blowing your nose in public! It is deeply frowned upon.
18. Japan contains the highest proportion of elderly people in the world, about 23% of Japanese people are over the age of 65. Older people are revered and honored in Japan, even being the first to be served food and drinks at a meal.
19. Melons are very expensive in Japan. One can go for up to $400.
20. The life expectancy of the Japanese is 84 years. This is 4 years more than that of the United States.
21. In Japan, there are about 130 voice acting schools. This is due to the success of the anime industry.
22. Squid is the most popular pizza topping.
23. There are places in Japan called Lactation Bars where you can actually go to drink fresh human breast milk. You can have a shot or even get it straight from the nipple.
24. Police in Japan usually carry around paint balls to shoot at fleeing motorists. This allows them to identify them more easily.
25. It was customary in ancient Japan for women to blacken their teeth with dye as white teeth were considered ugly. This practice persisted until the late 1800's. The American style smile (big, wide, and white) would have been seen as "exposing too much bone".
26. There is a competition for the “fastest shirt ironer” by Japanese men that takes place every year.
27. Never stick your chopsticks upright in your rice. If you did, you would be telling everyone that... (Continued)