Chopsticks upright in rice is only done when food is offered to the dead. When it is not an offering it’s considered a bad omen.
28. Japan is the number one importer of reggae.
29. Kit Kat bars have the following flavor choices: Sweet Potato, Passion Fruit, Sakura Flower, Pumpkin Cheese Cake, Red Bean Paste, Apple Vinegar, and Green Tea covered with chocolate.
30. Beer cans have braille next to the flip top. Neat!
31. When you use the restroom in someone's home you may need to put on designated bathroom slippers so as not to contaminate the rest of the home.
32. Ovens are not nearly as commonplace as rice cookers in Japanese households.
33. Some Japanese companies conduct a morning exercise session for the workers to prepare them for the day's work.
34. Late-night dancing was illegal in Japan until 2015
35. Japan has one of the most timely public transit systems in the world. The average delay of a Japanese train is just 18 seconds.
36. For the Japanese, it is impolite to tear a gift’s wrapping.