in the gynecology world, we don’t pass judgment.” It’s better to swallow your pride and get help than let it sit there. When it comes to tampons, leaving it in can result in a terrible smell; for harder objects (like vibrators, whipped cream container tops, and so on), leaving it in could leave you susceptible to cutting and injuring yourself. Yikes.
23. …but you can’t actually lose something in there. Whew!
The cervical wall will block anything sizeable from migrating into your body. “It’s not going anywhere,” Dr. Dweck says. “It’ll remain at the top of your vagina at the cervix, and it’ll be retrieved.”
24. A doctor once removed a potato that started sprouting vines out of a patient’s vagina. After questioning the 22-year-old woman about why she put a potato inside her vagina, the patient told the doctor her mother said it would prevent pregnancy. In that case, mother didn't always know best.
25. Believe it or not, the first movie to use the word “vagina“ on film was Disney’s “The Story of Menstruation,” released in 1946.
26. Vaginas and sharks have something in common. They both contain the substance squalene. This exists in shark livers and is a natural vaginal lubricant.
27. In 2009, a woman reportedly set the vagina weightlifting record by lifting over 30 pounds. She attached the weight to a wooden egg so her muscles could grab onto it. This gives Kegel exercises a whole new meaning.
28.The shade of your southern region isn't necessarily related to the tone of the rest of your skin. Many light-skinned women have brown or purplish labia, while a darker-skinned woman can have a lighter vulva. You also can have different colors in different areas — for example, your labia could be on the darker side yet your perineum could be pale pink.
29. Your clitoris is as big as a penis.
That's right! Believe it or not, your clitoris actually (Continued)