13. When I was a TA in university I used the washroom just before a lab started. Normally, I don't have any issues. This time I let out 2 drops after I zipped up. I also happened to be wearing light blue jeans. There was no way I could dry this in time and it was important I was there on time. There were about 20 first year students and they definitely noticed. I was the TA who peed himself.
14. I was showing a class of 8th graders how to make something out of clay and as I was demonstrating I said, "Now slap your balls back and forth in your hands."
I mean, I taught middle-schoolers so my embarrassment never lasts, but lordy, did that that turn my face red.
15. We were discussing love at first sight as we read Romeo and Juliet in a ninth grade class. I asked them how much looks matter. They agreed looks matter a lot. I meant to say, "You don't normally look across the mall and say, 'Wow, I bet she's got a good personality.'"
I actually said, "You don't normally look across the mall and say, 'Wow, I bet she gives good personality.'"
Clearly not what I should have said.
16. Most of my embarrassing moments happen when I'm teaching P.E. because I never catch potential sexual innuendos ahead of time while I am teaching.
"Ok, now everyone grab your two balls and hang onto them"
"If you don't put it in right now you are out of the game"
"You can swallow it or spit it out, your choice" (gum)
And on and on. I usually only notice when the class starts giggling, and then I have to pretend that I don't know why they are.
17. Once when I was still subbing, I covered a health class for high school freshmen. The teacher had me play a video about the dangers of smoking.
One of the kids asked, "Mister, you ever smoked?"
Without thinking, I said, "Tobacco? No.