These Facts About Your Brain That Will Blow Your Mind.
Scientists have yet to figure out everything there is to know about the brain.
But we do know this - it's pretty freakin cool!
Check out these interesting brain facts below, and don't forget to share.
Variations of these facts were originally posted by Pavan Teja on Psychtronics.
If you would like to read the original, follow the link at the bottom of this article.
1. Its not true that we only use 10% of their brains. Each part of the brain has a purpose.
2. Have a headache? Its not your brain that hurts. There arent any pain receptors in your brain.
3. Your brain is the organ with the most amount of fat in your body about 60 percent.
4. Wonder why you dont act out your dreams? Your brain creates a hormone to stop you from doing this.
5. Most people have 4-7 dreams each night, 50% is forgotten five minutes after you wake up.
6. You are not dreaming if you snore.
7. They call it beauty sleep for a reason. This is when your brain files away all your memories during the day.
8. You cant tickle yourself and laugh because your brain knows its your own touch as opposed to someone else tickling you.
9. It takes some effort to laugh at a joke five different areas in your brain are involved.
10. The brain is not the only place with brain cells. Your heart and gut also have neurons and this is where the phrase Gut Feeling stems from.
11. Your brain makes up to 23 watts of power when youre awake enough to illuminate a light bulb.
12. You have around 70,000 thoughts per day. Well, according to some scientists at least. This is a highly contested fact in the neuro-science world. Some people think it is as low as 5,000. Others think that it depends on the person. For example, a one-track mind thinker may have less thoughts a day than someone who is scatterbrained.
13. The slowest speed information passes around your brain is approximately 260 mph thats a the speed of the worlds superfast cars.
Use your brain. Share with a friend :)
Teachers have a hard job and empathy can make all the difference, as we learned when Redditor 2minutestosundown asked the online community: High School teachers of Reddit, what is the one thing that you want your students to know that you'd never tell them in person?