This article is based on "18 Incredible Things Kids Say About Love". If you're interested in reading more, check out the link at the bottom of the article.
A group of children aged 5 to 10, were asked what they thought about love, dating, and marriage. Their answers are perfect.
1. "Love is like an avalanche where you have to run for your life." - John, 9
2. "I think you're supposed to get shot with an arrow or something, but the rest of it isn't supposed to be so painful." - Manuel, 8
3. "No one is sure why it happens, but I heard it has something to do with how you smell. That's why perfume and deodorant are so popular". - Mae, 9
4. "A man and a woman promise to go through sickness and illness and diseases together". - Marlon, 9
5. "When a person gets kissed for the first time, they fall down, and they don't get up for at least an hour." - Wendy, 8
6. "On the first date, they just tell each other lies, and that usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date." - Mike, 10
7. "When somebody's been dating for a while, the boy might propose to the girl. He says to her: 'I'll take you for a whole life, or at least until we have kids and get divorced.'" - Anita, 9
8. "Lovers will just be staring at each other and their food will get cold. Other people care more about the food." - Brad, 8
9. "Romantic adults usually are all dressed up, so if they are just wearing jeans it might mean they used to go out or they just broke up." - Sarah, 9
10. "See if the man picks up the check. That's how you can tell if he's in love". - John, 9
11. "It's love if they order one of those desserts that are on fire. They like to order those because it's just like how their hearts are - on fire." - Christine, 9
12. "It gives me a headache to think about that stuff. I'm just a kid. I don't need that kind of trouble." - Kenny, 7
13. "Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is the pretty good too." - Greg, 8
14. "If falling in love is anything like learning how to spell, I don't want to do it. It takes too long." - Glenn, 7
15. "I know one reason kissing was created. It makes you feel warm all over, and they didn't always have electric heat or fire places or even stoves in their houses." - Gina, 8
16. "The law says you have to be eighteen, so I wouldn't want to mess with that." - Curt, 7
17. "The rules goes like this: if you kiss someone, then you should marry her and have kids with her. It's the right thing to do." - Howard, 8
18. "If you want to be loved by somebody who isn't already in your family, it doesn't hurt to be beautiful." - Anita, 8.
Kids are adorable. SHARE if you agree!
There comes a time in our lives when we have to cut people out because of their toxic, negative, or destructive behavior. And there's no shame in doing it - tolerance and acceptance can only go so far, and there is always a last straw.
The785 asked: What was the incident that made you cut somebody close out of your life?
Submissions have been edited for clarity, context, and profanity.