19 Actual Things People Put In Their Car Accident Reports. Seriously.
This article is based on "Things People Said: Car Accidents". If you're interested in reading more, check out the link at the bottom of the article.
CRASH! In an instant a casual drive to work becomes a nightmare. Car accidents are by far a driver's worst nightmare. Whether it's a distracted driver scared of being caught or a panicked passenger overcome with shock, some very interesting interpretations of the incident can come out in the police reports later on. Here are some of the best ones.
1. "The telephone pole was approaching fast. I was attempting to swerve out of its path when it struck my front end."
2. "I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way."
3. "I was backing my car out of the driveway in the usual manner when it was struck by the other car in the same place where it had been struck several times before."
4. "An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my vehicle, and vanished."
5. "The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him."
6. "A truck backed though my windshield and into my wife's face."
7. "To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front, I struck the pedestrian."
8. "A pedestrian hit me and went under my car."
9. "My car was legally parked as it backed into the other vehicle."
10. "As I approached the intersection, a stop sign suddenly appeared in a place where no stop sign had ever appeared before. I was unable to stop in time to avoid the accident."
11. "When I could not avoid a collision, I stepped on the gas and crashed into the other car."
12. "I told the police that I was not injured, but on removing my hat, I found that I had a fractured skull."
13. "I had been shopping for plants all day and was on my way home. As I reached an intersection, a hedge sprung up, obscuring my vision."
14. "I was on the way to the doctor with rear end trouble when my universal joint gave way causing me to have an accident."
15. "The indirect cause of this accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth."
16. "I saw the slow-moving, sad-faced old gentleman as he bounced off the hood of my car."
17. "The pedestrian had no idea which direction to go, so I ran over him."
18. "No one was to blame for the accident, but it never would have happened if the other driver had been alert."
19. "Coming home, I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don't have."
Breaking up is hard to do.
And when you get the law involved, it's even worse. But sometimes people don't need the law's help to make things overcomplicated, they just have a grand ole time making that happen themselves.
People on the front lines of human cruelty include divorce lawyers. These are their stories.