20 Surprisingly Profound Quotes From Children's Books.
The best moments of childhood often involved incredible stories. The books we read as kids can stay with us for ever, and provide truly inspiring quotes that we can appreciate even as adults. Join me in experiencing the most profound quotes found in children's books.
1. Today you are YOU, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than YOU.
(Dr. Seuss, Happy Birthday To You)
2. "Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me...Anything can happen, child. Anything can be."
(Shel Silverstein, Where the Sidewalk Ends)
3. Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you. Because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
( Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
4. It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
( J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Philosophers Stone)
5. For what you see and hear depends a good deal on where you are standing: it also depends on what sort of person you are.
(C.S. Lewis, The Magicians Nephew)
6. Oh, its delightful to have ambitions. Im so glad I have such a lot. And there never seems to be any end to themthats the best of it. Just as soon as you attain to one ambition you see another one glittering higher up still. It does make life so interesting.
(L.M. Montgomery, Anne Of Green Gables)
7. "Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse. "It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become real."
(Margery Williams, The Velveteen Rabbit)
8. It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
(Antoine de Saint Exupery, The Little Prince)
9. You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
( Dr. Seuss, Oh The Places Youll Go!)
10. I dont understand it any more than you do, but one thing Ive learned is that you dont have to understand things for them to be.
(Madeleine LEngle, A Wrinkle In Time)
11. You must never feel badly about making mistakes as long as you take the trouble to learn from them. For you often learn more by being wrong for the right reasons than you do by being right for the wrong reasons.
(Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth)
12. So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!
(J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan)
13. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.
(Roald Dahl, The Twits)
14. What day is it?, asked Winnie the Pooh.
Its today, squeaked Piglet.
My favorite day, said Pooh.
(A. A. Milne, The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh)
15. Theres no place like home.
( L. Frank Braum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz)
16. The moment where you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever being able to do it.
( J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan)
17. Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not.
(Dr. Seuss, The Lorax)
18. We all can dance when we find music that we love."
(Giles Andrege, Giraffes Can't Dance)
19. Its no use to go back to yesterday because I was different person then.
(Lewis Carroll, Alices Adventures in Wonderland)
20. You have been my friend. That in itself is a tremendous thing.
(E.B. White, Charlottes Web)
If you enjoyed these quotes, share them with your friends by clicking below!
Breaking up is hard to do.
And when you get the law involved, it's even worse. But sometimes people don't need the law's help to make things overcomplicated, they just have a grand ole time making that happen themselves.
People on the front lines of human cruelty include divorce lawyers. These are their stories.