23 Fascinating and Weird Facts About The Human Body. Wow.
This article is based on "50 Incredibly Weird Facts About The Human Body". If you're interested in reading more, check out the link at the bottom of the article.
Your body. The living, breathing instrument that keeps us alive. We think we know ourselves inside and out: "I'm allergic to milk", "I can only sleep on my back", "If I don't have my morning coffee I'll die". But how well do you actually know your body?
1. The brain doesnt feel pain: Eventhough the brainprocesses pain signals, the brain itself does notactually feel pain.
2. Women have a better sense of smell better than men: Women are better than men at identifying smells.
3. Babies are stronger than oxen: On a pound for pound basis, that is. For their size, babies are quite powerful and strong.
4. A higher I.Q. equals more dreams: Thesmarter you are, the more you dream. A high I.Q. can also fight mental illness. Some people even believe they are smarter in their dreams than when they are awake.
5. Your smell is unique: Your body odor isunique to you unless you have an identicaltwin. Even babies recognize the individual scents of their mothers.
6. A sneeze can exceed 100 mph: When a sneeze leaves your body, it does so at high speeds so you should avoid suppressing it and causing damage to your body.
7. Your nose remembers 50,000 scents: It ispossible for your nose to identify and remember more than 50,000smells.
8. Your hearing decreases when you overeat: Whenyou eat too much food, it actually reduces your ability to hear. So consider eating healthy and only until you are full.
10. Most men have regular erections while asleep: Everyhour to hour and a half, sleeping men have erections though they may notbe aware of it.
12. Your brain operates on 10 watts of power: Its true: The amazing computational power of your brain only requires about 10 watts of power to operate.
13. Chocolate is better than sex: In some studies, women claim they would rather have chocolate than sex. But does it really cause orgasm? Probably not on its own.
14. Your feet can produce a pint of sweat a day: There are 500,000 (250,000 for each) sweat glands in your feet, and that can mean a great deal of stinky sweat.
16. You probably pass gas 14 times a day: On average, you will expel flatulence several times as part of digestion.
17. 80% of the brain is water: Instead of being relatively solid, your brain 80% water. This means that it is important that you remain properly hydrated for the sake of your mind.
19. You are taller in the morning: Throughout the day, the cartilage between your bones is compressed, making you about 1 cm shorter by days end.
20. Your tongue is the strongest muscle in your body: Compared to its size, the tongue is the strongest muscle. But I doubt youll be lifting weights with it.
21. Being right-handed can prolong your life: If youre right-handed, you could live up to nine years longer than a lefty.
22. It takes more muscles to frown than to smile: Scientists cant agree on the exact number, but more muscles are required to frown than to smile.
23. Pinkie toe: There is speculation that since we no longer have to run for our dinner, and we wear sneakers, the pinkie toes evolutionary purpose is disappearing and maybe the pinkie itself will go the way of the dodo.
Quitting a job can be a liberating feeling, but it can also be scary as hell... especially if you don't have another job waiting for you on the horizon.
Thanks to Redditor BurningDruid13, we have some answers to the following question: "Have you ever quit a job, without another lined up, for your mental health? How did it turn out?"