25 More Facts That Sound Like BS, But Are Actually True.
People on Reddit were asked: "What is the most bullshit sounding fact you know?" These are some of the best responses.
1. The founder of Match.com lost his girlfriend to a guy she met on Match.com.
2. The Japanese embassy in Paris has a special 24-hour hotline for Japanese visitors who can develop debilitating psychological problems because the city is not as nice as they imagined it to be.
3. There is a disease called Maple Syrup Urine Disease that causes the urine to smell like maple syrup.
4. There is a planet that has a surface temperature of 800 degrees but due to the gravity the water molecules are compressed to ice. So it's covered in super hot ice.
5. Saudi Arabia imports camels from Australia.
6. Female kangaroos have three vaginas.
7. 14 years before the Titanic sank Morgan Robertson wrote a book about a huge ship called the Titan hitting an iceberg and sinking, with many dying due to lack of life rafts.
8. A tiger with bad teeth killed 430 people, more than all wolf, bear, spider, and snake deaths in the past 100 years in the US. Because of the bad teeth it couldn't hunt its preferred prey so went after humans.
9. The 10th president of the United States, John Tyler (b. 1790) has grandchildren that are alive now in the present day.
10. There are more ways to arrange a standard deck of cards than there are atoms in the solar system.
11. Can openers weren't invented until 48 years after the invention of cans.
12. Hockey player Guy Lafluer released a disco album. Every song is just a disco beat and Guy listing hockey tips in a monotone voice.
13. Australia lost their prime minister Harold Holt when he went swimming at a beach and then named a swimming pool after him.
14. Carrots don't actually improve your vision the reason so many people think they do is because the British invented the rumor during World War II in order to hide the existence of a new airborne-radar system they'd developed. They wanted the Germans to think the reason they suddenly got so much better at shooting planes down was because they'd found carrots dramatically improved their gunners' vision. The propaganda campaign worked so well that people still believe this.
15. Superglue was originally used to seal wounds in the field.
16. Hockey player Bill Barilko disappeared one summer. He was on a fishing trip, the last goal he ever scored won the Leafs the Cup. They didn't win another, until 1962. The year he was discovered.
17. In 1956, for a bet and while drunk, a man stole a small plane from New Jersey and then landed it perfectly on the narrow street in front of the bar he had been drinking at. Then, two years later, he did it again after a man didn't believe he had done it the first time.
18. Anne Frank and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. were born the same year.
19. 'Rickroll' was based on an earlier meme called 'Duckroll' where victims were linked to a picture of a duck with wheels.
20. The Swahili word for "coconut" is "nazi".
21. In 1919 a flood of molasses killed 21 people in Boston.
22. The last time the Cubs won the World Series, the Ottoman Empire was still in power.
23. When you get a kidney transplant, they often (but not always) leave your original kidneys in your body and put the 3rd kidney in your pelvis.
24. Oxford University is older than the Aztecs. Teaching had begun there as early as 1096. It became a full University in 1249, with dorms and the whole nine. Meanwhile, Aztec civilization is generally assumed to begin with the founding of the city of Tenochtitlan by the Mexica at lake Texcoco, in 1325. That one blew my mind.
25. Malaria has killed half of all people who have ever lived.
Share with your friends!
In most situations, when you're hurt by someone, it can be best to just forgive and forget. However, there are some people that can't help but hold grudges. Sometimes it can just be petty, but other times, it can be for very valid reasons.
HeySistaBrutus asked: What are you STILL mad about?