26 Facts That Sound Like BS, But Are Actually True.
This article is based on the subreddit: "What fact or statistic seems like obvious exaggeration, but isn't?". If you're interested in reading more, check out the link at the bottom of the article.
1. Monsters Inc. was released closer to the fall of the Berlin Wall than to the present day.
2. The state of Maine has more black bears than black people.
3. The original height of Mount Everest was calculated to be exactly 29,000 ft high, but was publicly declared to be 29,002 ft in order to avoid the impression that an exact height of 29,000 feet was nothing more than a rounded estimate.
4. Congress brings up Hitler 7.7 times per month.
5. Your father, your father's father, your father's father's father, and so on; stretching all the way back in an unbroken chain to the first cell, each managed to find a mate and successfully reproduce.
6. 80% of Soviet males born in 1923 didnt survive WWII.
7. Nintendo existed at the same time as the Ottoman Empire.
8. Neutron stars are so dense that if you dropped a gummy bear from one meter away it would hit the surface in a microsecond with the force of 1,000 nuclear bombs.
9. Vending machines kill more people every year than sharks do.
10. You could walk from North Korea to Norway and only pass through one other country.
11. Pocahontas and William Shakespeare died less than a year apart less than 150 miles away from each other.
12. You exert more energy when you unfold a single piece of paper than we have collected in all the radio waves we have ever collected from outer space.
13. A 7 year old girl in South Africa is more likely to be raped than to receive an education.
14. The difference between million and billion is huge: 1 million seconds = 11 days; 1 billion seconds = 31 years
15. Every two days human beings create as much information as we did from the dawn of time until 2003.
16. The US has 4% of the world's population, but 25% of the world's prison population.
17. You can sail from Canada to Canada in a straight line and never hit land, crossing through every time zone along the way that isn't already in Canada. Watch here.
18. There are more potential unique shuffles for a single deck of cards than planets in the visible universe.
19. Spend 3 seconds in front of every piece of art inside the Louvre Museum, you'd need five months to see everything.
20. If they were to film a show called "That 90's Show" similar to "That 70's Show" and waited the same amount of years after the decade to begin filming, they would start the first season in 2017.
21. There's enough space between the Earth and the moon to fit in all the rest of the planets in the solar system.
22. Samsung is responsible for 25% of South Korea's GDP.
23. Of all the species of mammals that are on planet Earth, 20% of them are types of bats.
24. More people have contracted cancers directly attributable to the cleanup at 9/11 ground zero than people who have contracted cancers remotely attributable to Chernobyl.
25. All the ants in the world weigh about the same as all the people in the world.
26. The typical cloud weighs 1.1 million pounds.
Share by clicking below!
When in doubt.... be a Karen! LOL
We've all seen them and at times we may have been one A KAREN! You know who that is.... a difficult person, that's describing it politely. Karen's make scenes and do all that is necessary to get anything and everything their way. Working in any form of a service job, Karens are your worst nightmare.
Redditor u/externalodyssey wanted to hear from everybody about their Karen encounters by asking.... Managers of Reddit - what is a Karen experience like ? What was you worst experience ?