30 Shocking Things About Death And Dying That May Surprise You.
This article is based on "Death Facts: 41 Facts About Death". If you're interested in reading more, check out the link at the bottom of the article. Sources for individual points are hyperlinked numbers.
Death. The great unknown. In fact we know a lot more about dying than you may think. Read below to find out more!
1. Within 3 days of death, the enzymes that once digested your dinner begin to eat you.
2. At least 1 in 25 people sentenced to the death penalty in the US are innocent.
3. If you die in Amsterdam without any friends or family left to attend your funeral, a poet will write a poem for you and recite it at your funeral.
4. About 153,000 people will die on your birthday.
5. Doctors' sloppy handwriting kills more than 7,000 people annually.
6. Left-handed people die 3 years earlier than right-handed people.
7. When a person dies, their sense of hearing is last to go.
8. You are more likely to die from a coconut falling on your head than a shark attack.
9. Every hour, at least 1 person is killed by a drunk driver in the US.
10. Mount Everest has about 200 dead bodies on it, which are now landmarks on the way to the top.
11. Every 40 seconds someone commits suicide.
12. Sharks kill 12 people per year while humans kill 11,417 sharks per hour.
13. Greek philosopher Chrysippus is said to have died from laughter after a donkey ate his figs and he suggested that the donkey wash it down with some wine.
14. The creator of the Pringles packaging had his ashes stored in a Pringles can after he died.
15. 80% of all Soviet males born in 1923 died in World War II.
16. Every 90 seconds a woman dies during pregnancy or childbirth.
17. 35 million of your cells die every minute.
18. Crucifixion is still an official form of death penalty in Sudan.
19. Obese drivers are 78% more likely to die in a car crash.
20. We are born with 270 bones but die with only 206.
21. In London, it is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.
22. In Greek mythology, it was believed that redheads turn into vampires when they die.
23. About 100 billion people have died in all human history.
24. There's a "Rent a Mourner" service in the UK to fill your funeral with fake friends.
25. In 2013, Google founded Calico, an anti-aging company designed to ultimately "cure" death.
26. There's a gypsy tribe in India that celebrates death as one of the happiest events in their lives, while treating births with great grief.
27. In New York, there are more people who have committed suicide than been murdered.
28. Tuberculosis killed 1.5 million people worldwide in 2014, making it a larger cause of death than AIDS.
29. Malaria is thought to be responsible for the death of about half of all people who have ever lived.
30. The lack of physical activity is one of the leading causes of preventable death worldwide.
Like this article? Share by clicking below!
Laws should always protect the people, ALL the people!
Laws are amiable. We know this. They often change with the times, with enough revolution that is. Laws are there to protect and serve, however they can be too complex and just downright odd and often absurd.