What Popular Dog Breeds Looked Like 100 Years Ago Vs. Now—Can You Guess?
This is what breeding does.
Even just 100 years ago, some modern, popular breeds looked drastically different.
Throughout human history, dogs have taken on many shapes and forms. Some of the oldest dog breeds to arise from selectively breeding the wolf include the Chinese Shar-Pei, the Lhasa Apso, and the Alaskan Malamute. But what these dogs looked like when they were first introduced to the world is probably a lot different than how they appear now, as can be attested to by these dog pictures from just 100 years ago of breeds we are all familiar with.
Can you guest what they are?
- How dog breeds looked 100 years ago - Business Insider ›
- Fascinating Photos Of What Dog Breeds Looked 100 Years Ago Vs ... ›
- How 100 Years of Breeding Ruined Ten Popular Dogs - The ... ›
- Here's What Popular Dog Breeds Looked Like Before And After 100 ... ›
- Comparing the Looks of Dog Breeds in 1915 and 2015 ›
- 100 Years of Breed “Improvement” | Science and Dogs ›
There comes a time in our lives when we have to cut people out because of their toxic, negative, or destructive behavior. And there's no shame in doing it - tolerance and acceptance can only go so far, and there is always a last straw.
The785 asked: What was the incident that made you cut somebody close out of your life?
Submissions have been edited for clarity, context, and profanity.