Men And Women Reveal The One Thing They Wish They Didn't Know About The Opposite Sex.
Recently, someone took to the internet to ask, "Men and Women what do you wish you never knew about the opposite sex?"
Tons of people shared their answer.
To start, the information that women shared about men seemed to be obscure facts, funny, or personal...
1. I wish I didn't know some dudes put things in their penis holes.
3. Someone told me a long time ago that a lot of guys will say yes to sex from almost any girl. Like the number of men that have a low standard vs the number of women that have a low standard. Maybe that's a false generalization, but it made me feel pretty insecure about myself. Like, "Oh man, does he just want to have sex with me because I'm female, or is it because he's genuinely attracted to me??"
4. That men are just humans, too, like you or I. When I think of the time spent trying to uncover their dastardly secrets - to discover the formula to win them over - it makes me laugh.
7. Men can willingly move their penises without touching them. It just looks like a mushroom puppet dancing without strings.
8. Up until college I thought all men wiped the tip of their penis after peeing, and had to try really hard to avoid sitting on their balls all the time. And avoid dipping them in toilet water. Not really information I wish I didn't learn, but thought it was odd I didn't know sooner.
11. My boyfriend told me that when a man gets cold, his nuts shrivel up inside his body.
12. Let's talk about epididymis. Basically, it's some sort of infection of the epididymis (the sperm incubator) that makes it feel like someone is squeezing your nut, and it can apparently just happen whenever. Oh, when you get it once you're far more likely to get it again.
But when it switched to men talking about female's bodies, it became clear that some men seem to know VERY LITTLE about even the most basic elements of a woman's body.
As one contributor pointed out, "I think these answers highlight how much of what female bodies do are not explained as being normal or even brought up at all to our youth."
1. I thought a woman peed in a small, controlled stream similar to a man's. I was wrong. Its an angry, torrential, blitzkrieg of urine.
2. This one I learned from Reddit. Sometimes when a girl farts, the bubble gets trapped between her legs and travels all the way up between her vagina lips and it kinda tickles.
3. Legend has it that, during childbirth, the intense abdominal strain can cause the mother to soil herself. Occasionally she may even indadvertedly poop on her baby as it leaves the vulva. Even more interesting is that there is an unwritten code of silence surrounding such events and nobody involved in the process is allowed to speak of it ever again...
4. A period is not just blood. There's..... more
5. During child birth, the tissue between the vagina and anus can tear.
6. Women can have multiple orgasms. I'm so jealous.
7. Toxic shock. A 5 minute conversation with my sister. A lifelong distrust of tampons.
8. Episiotomy. Just nope... nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope.
9. "Hovering" in public restrooms, effectively spraying the toilet seat with urine, necessitating more hovering. It's a vicious cycle.
10. Apparently women use shower heads to masturbate like howwww.
11. Apparently, female genitalia can also function as a carrying handle.
12. I knew someone who didn't know girls used toilet paper after they peed until he was about 20 years old.
13. Apparently women want men as much as men want women. Being a single 30 year old man, this is just an additional burn at this point.
Of course, there were also some amazing all-star answers that probably threw everyone for a loop.
1. Some women, when constipated, will 'squeeze' out the poop by putting their fingers in their vagina and moving the poo down through the wall between the two holes, manually.
I mean I'm not judging at all, I'm jealous I can't do the same thing. But I still wish I didn't know about it.
2. Male and female genitalia both develop from the same embryonic cells:
The Clitoris = The Head of the Penis
Clitoral Shaft, G-Spot = The Penile Shaft
The Outer Vaginal Lips = The Scrotum
Enjoy your next night out.
3. That some men death grip so hard on their penis when masturbating that they can no longer cum from sex.
4. Peanut butter jelly wipes.... Never needed to know about those.
5. For me I wish I didn't know how often women tell white lies to protect men's feelings. I get why it's so often necessary, but it makes you suspect of EVERYTHING.
6. Apparently boasting about sexually assaulting women is normal in some circles of men. Particularly the older generation. I find that really sad :(
7. There is nothing that I wish I didn't know about women. Every bit of information that I gain makes me better for my partner. whether it's a more skilled lover or a more understanding boyfriend, there is nothing that I wish that I didn't know.
8. That 1 in 5 women will be sexually assaulted in some way in their lifetime. It's good to know, I just wish it weren't true :(
9. I wish I didn't know that squirting is almost the exact same ingredients as urine.
Thumbnail image source: Shutterstock (wavebreakmedia)
Racism is an insidious, and unfortunately prevalent, force in all of our daily lives. Maybe we're on the receiving end of it, being treated differently and losing opportunities because of others' preconceived notions.
Or maybe we're on the other side of things. Even those who aren't actively racist or discriminatory still have to process the world through the filters of the things they've been told about people who are different.