Parents Who Use Nanny Cams Share The Most Bizarre Thing They've Ever Seen.
Nanny cams are an insanely useful tool for busy parents to keep a close eye on their children, but sometimes they can witness something unbelievable on them.
Below are stories of the most bizarre things parents have seen on nanny cams. Check them out!
1. I went into his room to get him and said "Daddy's here, don't cry.". I went with him back to my room and heard a different voice in my monitor say "Don't cry."I freaked out and watched in horror as a tall man grabbed my baby and walked out. Of course, it was actually me and I forgot how different I sounded through the audio. It really probably took one second to realize I was holding him and it was me in the video, but I went through 10 years of grey hair in that second.
2. My old roommate has two kids of his own. The older kid deactivates the baby monitor cam when he and his sister want to do something they'll get in trouble for. Kid even waves bye to the camera before he pulls the plug.
3. I can tell you in like 1995 I was babysitting for this really wealthy family, and I couldn't figure out how to turn the tv on. The little girl was fast asleep and I was so bored. I checked out her enormous play room, and ended up playing with a doctor kit with their little dog. They literally walked into the house on me, with a doctor coat on, weird doctor headband that looks like a headlamp, and taking the dogs heartbeat with the stethoscope. I was like 15 and so bored. They were- speechless.
4. I remember a year back, my son would come up to me and tell me about a haunted duck that quacks at him at night time. He reminded me every morning about it and I kind of let it go, because kids say weird things. It wasn't until one night when I was in the lounge and turned on the camera to see what the fuss was about. All of a sudden, a quack noise! A really huge noise too. It woke up my son who pulled his blanket up and sucked his thumb. I walked in there and couldn't find anything and was pretty confused about it.
So the next night, my husband comes home and rushes past me and goes straight to the toilet for a half hour. I went to the hallway to clean up the toys and heard the duck noise again, until I realised it was my husband... (Continued)
I realised it was my husband crapping and farting like a duck, startling the entire house.
Had to explain to my husband the whole story of the haunted duck and he now poops at work before coming home.
5. I have a dashcam in my truck that has a parking monitor and motion sensor built in so it records stuff when your park and not around, it is good for when people hit your car and drive away in parking lots.
Anyways I always park my truck facing my apartment so the dashcam acts like a security cam for my place during the night. Never really put much effort into seeing what it caught but one time I was pulling up the videos and had one night when someone was standing outside the window to my living room for a few hours watching me and my girlfriend, didn't see the video until a month after it happened. Now I keep my blinds closed and make sure there is no way people can see in anymore. Never showed it to my girlfriend but if I did she probably would understand why I have it.
6. Not a parent, but once caught the babysitter taking the baby's blanket, putting it around her neck like a small cape, and 'flying' around the room with it on. Keep in mind, the baby could only see out of the crib and was not present for the show.
Needless to say, we found out she was often high during babysitting.
7. I was the nanny. I had to wake the baby to go get her sister from morning care so I reached into her crib and rubbed her back gently. Her mom happened to be checking the baby monitor via her phone at the time (she liked to check in during her naptime and the camera is above the crib) .
So all her mom saw was her baby taking a nap and then a hand suddenly reaching down toward her. Said she about peed herself before she realized what was happening!
8. I look at the baby monitor and see a ghost.
I do a double take; yep, it's really real and on the monitor hovering and swirling around my infant son. My brain jumps, what do I do? Should I go grab my son? This can't be real. Maybe the ghost is harmless. Should I get my camera? No one will believe it. I don't believe it. Is the ghost going to hurt the baby? I can't believe this is happening. Will the ghost hurt the baby if I interrupt? Think logically. It's not a ghost. It's not a glitch. It's definitely in the room hovering over the baby. Think. Breath. Oh, it's...(Continued)
Oh, it's the camera light reflecting off the vapor from the humidifier we installed this morning. Wow. Ghosts, I knew I didn't believe in those.
9. Not a camera but a monitor. Had it on one night and heard someone talking. It was some older lady talking about what it was like growing up in Africa.
10. My nephew and his baby monitor.
Sis called me cry-laughing to tell me that niece went into the nursery and proceeded to lay out a few "house rules" on her 4wks old little brother. Sis says it was things about sharing, and cleaning up and being nice and protective and minding his manners.
That was funny enough, but niece finished with this gem: "Everybody pulls their weight in this family. You're lucky you're only nine pounds."
That little bossy munchkin. She's super protective of him, still. I have multiple pictures of them holding hands while they nap.
11. I'm almost certain my dad caught this.
When I was in college my dad asked if I would dog/house sit for he and my mom. I said sure as long as they didn't mind if my girlfriend came. They didn't; I'm pretty sure they like her more than me.
The week comes and like any college couple we had sex...everywhere. Partway through the week we're sitting in the living room and "everything going well? The dogs okay?" Comes out of the clock. I damn near jumped out of my skin. Turns out my dad had installed a mic/camera system throughout the house. I don't know if they caught us, the cameras deleted everything from 24 hours prior, but there's a distinct possibility. Needless to say, we kept our antics to my room from then out.
12. My buddy has a camera that sits on his doorstep. It has a motion sensor and every time it detects someone or something on the porch, it snaps a photo and sends it to his phone.
It's a Sunday morning, and for once, his two year old isn't shouting into his bedroom to get him out of his crib. Ah, yes. A rare morning to lay in bed. His phone goes off. A photo of a little red-headed boy reaching out of the front door to grab a package appears.
And that's how he discovered that his son could get out of the crib.
13. I was at school and my mom came to my house to pick up my kids because my husband was leaving for work. My daughter was a month old at the time, my son was eight. My mom was watching the live video feed of the nursery where my daughter was napping when the screen went black and... (Continued)
The screen went black and then returned to normal WITH THE BABY NO LONGER IN THE CRIB.
My son claims he picked her up but none of this was recorded. Baby there one second, baby gone the next. My mom is superstitious so that really wigged her out. I played the video when I got home and she wasn't exaggerating. It never recorded my son entering the nursery and pulling his sister out of her crib. It was just the baby sleeping, static, black screen, and then back to an empty nursery.
We never figured out how my son supposedly got the baby out of the crib or why for that matter. It was very out of character for him.
14. Using a baby monitor to care for aging parent. My sister comes in and tries to convince my dad to cut me out of the will and give everything to her.
15. There was a small hair or thread on the camera lens of the monitor and it looked like something moving under our son's blanket. Very creepy.
16. I got fired because of a nanny cam. I was working for a very rich (by Australian standards) family. The dad was a surgeon and he'd invented some kind of special surgical screw.
Anyway. So I was 25, looking after their five children, all boys, aged 17, 16, 11, 9 and then baby surprise who was 3 years old. The two older kids obviously don't ever need me, and the 11 and 9 year olds were really sweet and cute and didn't need that much. The toddler though. Just the worst kid I'd ever cared for. Really bratty and awful, but stopped short of torturing small animals.
One day we're stuck inside playing starwars lego and he's bossing me around and talking about the "Cat-Cat Walkers" we're building. I'm like little dude, it's AT-AT for real. He cracked it, flipped over the fancy lego table, told me he hated me and ran down stairs. Being the consummate professional I am, I calmly flipped him off for two whole minutes before I went down and helped him cheer up.
Next day I was fired.
17. Back when mom worked at Hewlett Packard, one of her coworkers used a nanny cam for all three of her babies. But on baby number 3, the older two found out about it and started doing things like dancing or jumping around and making funny faces in front of it, or doing things like lining up the toys to face the camera.
Though one of them apparently recorded a "Happy birthday daddy" message on it.
18. I was babysitting for my sister a few months ago and was checking on my 2 year old nephew through the nanny cam, asleep in his crib. I got up to put dinner in the oven and when I came back I checked the cam again and...
There was a huge black mass in the crib with him.
My sister doesn't have any pets, so I was like...what is that!? A black dog or cat or something had got in and is attacking my nephew!
I ran upstairs and saw, to my horror, my nephew has pulled a black bin liner into the cot with him and had crawled inside!! I got him straight out of it and he was fine.. I took the bin liner back downstairs and just sat on the floor crying.
This was my first time babysitting for my sister. I had a go at her when she got home, "who keeps a bin liner where their baby could get it?"
19. My aunt liked to tell a story from a time, when her children were small. One time she was lying in bed, everything fine, and then suddenly she heard a deep voice saying:
"It's me, the monster, I came to get you"
Of course she went into panic mode instantly, ran to her child and... nothing there. So she went back and heard the voice again, realising that it's one of her neighbors playing with his kid.
Turns out those devices used the power grid and, since they both used the same model, apparently made her hear what was said into the neighbors babyphone.
20. I know of a family who had a full-time plus nanny/cleaner/cook. They got a nannycam and fired this woman because after spending her entire day getting the kids ready for kindergarten, cooking a hot breakfast, picking up after the family, doing 3-4 hours of cleaning, prepping for dinner, setting out activities for after she went out to get the kids. In other words after a very full day's work for minimal pay, she had the audacity to sit down on the family's couch, in the communal room of the house she was contractually obliged to live in, for 15 minutes to have a rest before leaving to get the kids.
Work for 10 hours straight and sit on the couch for 15 minutes of downtime before getting the kids, making dinner, cleaning the house, welcoming the parents home, serving dinner, cleaning up after dinner? Fired.
21. My son was awake in his crib babbling to himself and having a good time. My wife and I were watching him through the baby monitor kind of laughing at him being silly.
He could pull himself up and while holding the crib rail slowly walk around the inside edges of the crib. As we're watching him, he comes around and looks directly into the camera so looking directly at us in the baby monitor.
As we're watching him, he reaches out to try and grab the camera. We see him leaning over the crib rail stretching his hand out for the camera which is just out of reach. Suddenly he flips right over the crib rail while we're watching live and lands with a thump on the carpet. Cue his crying and our running to check on him. He was scared but otherwise fine.
Still my wife and I were both so surprised and the odds of us having both been watching the live feed exactly at that moment were pretty low. In my mind's eye I can still see that sudden look of surprise on his face as he flipped. He never tried to climb out of his crib on his own like his sister did and I wonder if that was the reason why.
22. Not a nanny cam but one of the audio ones so you can hear if they're crying or whatever else might be going on. I was up very early one morning at around 5 AM, getting a little work done in my house office. Had the thing with me so I could hear my baby daughter, about 2 months old at this point. Suddenly I hear a woman talking very, very softly. My whole body went cold and I stopped everything to make sure it wasn't just my imagination. Yes, I still hear it. At the same instant that I prepare to dash into her room, I hear a little more and realize I'm hearing a autoplay video/audio ad on a tab in my web browser coming from my computer speaker, which was turned down really low. I thought my heart would never slow back down.