10 Of The Most Heartbreaking Moments In Cinema. Here Come The Tears.

Heartbreaking moments in cinema come once in a blue moon. But when they work, and they're done well, they can't be beat. Bring out the tissues, folks, because we're about to get real.

1/10. The Pursuit Of Happyness

The subway Scene

In this scene, homeless entrepreneur Chris Gardner understands that he must do anything to protect his three-year-old son. So, he does what any good parent in a tough situation might do. He tells his son that the subway station is full of dinosaurs, engages him in an imaginary game of "escape to the cave" and brings him into a public bathroom stall to sleep for the night. When someone starts rapping on the bathroom door, he covers his sons ears and cries. The scene is truly powerful.

2/10. Up

The opening montage

Pixar's people have a knack for creating tear jerking moments in their films. This scene, though, takes the cake. A montage of Carl and Ellie's married life from eager young adults to aged and softened seniors, this two minute scene leaves you feeling like you've just lived life alongside them. Which makes the end of this scene particularly sad.

Continue to the next page for The Titanic and more!

3/10. Titanic

Passengers prepare for death

The tragedy of the on-board romance is sad, but the most heartbreaking part of this movie comes in when the full scope of the impact is acknowledged, through other passengers on the ship.

From the elderly couple holding each other close in bed as the waters rush in around them, to the mother trying to sooth her children, to the captain sighing his final breath, it's these moments when you realize just how tragic Titanic truly was.

4/10. The Lion King

The death of Mufasa

There was a moment in most every child's life when they watched the Lion King. Some parents, though, had to fast-forward through this part of the movie for sensitive kids. I don't blame them. Watching a child discover his dead father, who was killed by his uncle while trying to save him? That's heavy stuff.

"Dad? Dad, come on. You gotta get up.

More sad and profound moments on the next page!

5/10. Sophie's Choice

Sophie chooses between her children

You remember as a kid, if you had siblings, you may have spent time wondering if you or your sibling was the favorite child? It's something that crosses most kids' minds at some point in their lives. But when it comes down to it, most parents love their children equally.

In this movie, Sophie is a Polish woman with two children, and the three of them are sent to the Auschwitz death camp. But then, Sophie (played by the harrowingly honest Meryl Streep) is forced to choose which of her children to keep and which to condemn to death. The hardest choice a parent would ever have to make.

6/10. My Girl

"Where are his glasses?"

In this scene, Vada cries over Thomas J.'s casket, saying "Where are his glasses? He needs his glasses. He was gonna be an acrobat." When a young child crying over another child's casket, it hits you right in the feels.

Continue to the next page for more!

7/10. The Notebook

Every day Noah tells Allie, his wife with Alzheimers, about the story of their love. Every. Single. Day.

In one scene, near to the end of their tale, Allie has a moment of clarity. She remembers who Noah, her husband, is, and they sit together and talk about their lives. Then, all of a sudden, she forgets again and starts screaming at her husband, who she now doesn't recognize. Noah starts crying, and so does the audience.

8/10. The Green Mile

This film tells the story of Paul's life as a death row corrections officer during the Great Depression in the United States, and the supernatural events he witnessed.

In one scene, a man named John Coffey an extremely large and intellectually disabled man is about to get executed. The saddest part? John has said he wishes to die because the world is a cruel place, but he refuses the customary hood, because he's afraid of the dark.

Two final heartbreakers on the last page.

9/10. The Fox And The Hound

There comes a time in every parent's life when they need to let their children go. But this. THIS. is a particularly sad rendition of that scenario. Widow Tweed takes the fox, Tod, that she raised from a cub, to the woods to release him, and never see him again. Though they both know it's for the best, this goodbye is a total tear jerker.

10/10. My Dog Skip

While we're on the topic of animal sob stories, My Dog Skip can't be forgotten. The death of Skip is one of the most heartbreaking animal deaths in a film to date.

"I recieved a trans-atlantic call one day. "Skip died", Daddy said. He and my mama wrapped him my baseball jacket. They buried him out under the elm tree, they said. That wasn't totally true. For he really lay buried in my heart."

Okay, folks! Time to wipe those tears because it's over.

Don't forget to share!

Laws should always protect the people, ALL the people!

Laws are amiable. We know this. They often change with the times, with enough revolution that is. Laws are there to protect and serve, however they can be too complex and just downright odd and often absurd.

Redditor u/AshSpergers wanted to discuss the rules from around the world that may not make the most sense by wondering.... What's a stupid law where you live?

Keep reading... Show less