12 People Confess Their Biggest Flirting Fails Of All Time.

It happens to the best of us.

A big thank you to the folks who shared their stories on Whisper, a secret-sharing website for anonymous contributors worldwide.

1. I tried to smile at this guy in the hallway in a flirty way, but when I smiled at him I tripped on my shoe and face planted.

2. I accidentally introduced myself as "Hi, I'm single." instead of using my real name.

3. My drunk self was trying to grind with a hot guy at a club and I thrust my butt into his crotch so hard he fell over.

4. I thought he was reaching to hold my hand. I went in for a move and held onto his hand. Apparently, he was just trying to get a pencil from his backpack.

5. I brought my crush a drink at a party and tried to talk to her but HER crush walked past and she went with him.

6. A co worker was flirting with me, and my version of flirting back was to say, "you have a stain on your shirt, but that's cool." Yeah, I suck at flirting.

7. Today I "accidentally" bumped into him to grab his hand, but instead I grabbed his penis...

8. Asking a girl what toothpaste she used in a club. This didn't go down too well.

9. I walked up to a pretty girl in a bar and introduced myself. She laughed, said "no" and walked off.

10. Yesterday the IT guy said "working hard or hardly working beautiful" I smiled and what I meant to say was, "Oh, you know me." but my brain malfunctioned and I said "Oh, please love me." I wanted to die.

11. I said, "your children are going to look so beautiful one day...if you have them with me."

12. While in line at Subway, the cute girl making my sandwich asked if I wanted it toasted or microwaved. I really wanted to talk to her so my best response was to ask what the difference between the two was

Share the laughs :)

Getty Images

Teachers have a hard job and empathy can make all the difference, as we learned when Redditor 2minutestosundown asked the online community: High School teachers of Reddit, what is the one thing that you want your students to know that you'd never tell them in person?

Keep reading... Show less