15 Parents Share Surprising Ways They Changed After Having Children.

When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice safe playpen. When theyre finished, I climb out.

Erma Bombeck

A big thank you to the parents who shared their stories on Whisper, a secret-sharing website for anonymous contributors worldwide.

1. I've become more tolerant and less judgmental of just about everything. I always tell myself, if my daughter liked this or did this or was this, I would love her no matter what. So I've become loving.

2. I am now more terrified of this world than I ever thought possible.

3. The only thing that changed was now I argue with smaller versions of myself. I still love my wife more than I love my kids. I mean, she was here first and is the source of our children.

4. I have a lot less tolerance for bullsh*t now. I was always fairly passive, but Momma Bear made an appearance.

5. I don't get to do any of the things I want to do, and I don't really mind. I waited until I was in my 40s to have kids, so I knew what I was getting into.

6. Parenthood is the MOST difficult, rewarding thing you will ever do. I will literally cry because it's so hard one minute, and turn around the next minute to laugh hysterically at something the kids are doing. It's great chaos.

7. I'm less self involved. My whole life is dedicated to my child. I couldn't imagine my life without him. I also grew up a lot, bought a house, and got my life together. My life changed in the best way.

8. I've forgotten how to do things for myself; kids always come first. Plus, I learned what true love is, and I don't even want a romantic relationship anymore.

9. If something happens to me, my daughter has no one. Having her made me realize that I have someone other than myself that depends on me, so I need to take care of myself.

10. I am more organized, affectionate, and have better boundaries now. I've also become a good teacher (I hope) so that my kids turn out to be decent, empathetic people.

11. It's made me realize how much my mom went through with me. And how similar I am to her.

12. Honestly, it made me pull my life together. I didn't want my son to grow up with awful, distant, unloving parents like I did. I wanted to be a good role model. He keeps me on the right path.

13. Parenting made me a better person. My mental health issues have all but dissolved. She's the best thing that's ever happened to me.

14. I've grown up, but at the same time, stayed young. They've brought out the best, happiest, silliest side of myself and I love them so much for that.

15. Aside from minor things, like sleep deprivation, it changes the way you see the world. It makes you want to make the world a better place.

Brooke Wagstaff animation cute baby animations

Share with a parent who you think is special.

Pixabay

Minimum wage is often paid by some of the most physically and emotionally intensive work—service industry jobs. Having to work in a hot kitchen all day or deal with irate customers while being paid less than you need to survive is not exactly the best situation to be in.

Keep reading... Show less