15 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Morgan Freeman.

The best way to guarantee a loss is to quit.

-Morgan Freeman

Facts via IMDB.

1/15. Freemans own acting career began when, as punishment for pulling a chair out from under a girl, he was made to enter his school's drama competition.

2/15. Arrived in Los Angeles in 1959 and his first job was as a clerk typist.

3/15. Freeman once said, "I'm not intimidated by lead roles. I'm better in them. I don't feel pressure - I feel released at times like that. That's what I'm born to do."

4/15. He speaks fluent French. He gave an introductory speech in French to the crowd of extras gathered in Montreal's Olympic Stadium to portray the Baltimore Super Bowl audience in The Sum of All Fears (2002).

5/15. He is often called the greatest living actor in film, a title he humbly waves off and says he is just "lucky."

Continue to the next page for more great facts about the man, the legend, the Freeman.

6/15. Most of the characters he has played aren't written specifically for an African-American actor.

7/15. Keeps his Oscar statuette inside a cabinet which resides in his office. The cabinet was built by a good friend of his in 1998 especially for the Oscar that his friend predicted he would win. It even came with a plaque that read: "No Parking. Reserved for Oscar."

8/15. The longest he has gone without an Oscar nomination is 10 years, between The Shawshank Redemption (1994) and Million Dollar Baby (2004).

9/15. Favorite films include the original King Kong (1933) and Moulin Rouge (1952).

10/15. His grandfather was Morgan Herbert Freeman. His father was Morgan Porterfield Freeman. He has said that his parents forgot to give him a middle name.

Continue to the last page for more facts about (arguably) the best actor of all time.

11/15. When asked about working on The Shawshank Redemption, Freeman said, "That was a strange production. There were moments of extreme tension on the set. Between the producers and actors, between the director and actors, between everybody. Just this personality stuff between different groups. Very strange. Let's stop talking about that one."

12/15. Recently, Freeman became a beekeeper and earned a private pilot's license.

13/15. Freeman considered joining the Air Force to become a fighter pilot but opted to stay with acting instead.

14/15. His first dramatic arts exposure was on the stage including appearing in an all-African American production of the exuberant musical Hello, Dolly!.

15. Freeman owns a boat which is berthed in the Caribbean. His busy schedule, however, only allows him to go sailing on it once a year.

Love Morgan Freeman? Share this article.

jeffbergen/GettyImages

It's hard working in customer service, especially with irate customers. You need to be able to empathize and understand where your customers are coming from, show sympathy, and be willing to help them with their problem. However, if they come at you ranting and raving about an issue which clearly has nothing to do with you, well, then you're free to rant about them on the internet.

Keep reading... Show less