18 People Were Asked, What Is One Quote That Changed Your Life Forever
Sometimes, a few words strung together in the perfect way, can stir a person's life perspective so much that it creates a lasting impact. This week, andiswearrrr asked fellow Reddit users to answer the question, What quote has actually stuck with you and changed your life? Thanks to everyone for their awesome contribution.
1. A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are made for. - John Shedd
Submitted by Sometimes_Sketches
2. How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. - A.A. Milne
Submitted by unwinagainstable
3. Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist. - George Carlin
Submitted by Eyloa
4. It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace. - Chuck Palahniuk
Submitted by dirtywordplay90
5. A man cannot build a reputation on what he is going to do. - Henry Ford
Submitted by BayouBoogie
6. Speak only if it can improve the silence. - Spanish proverb
Submitted by noshoes77
7. Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist. - George Carlin
Submitted by Eyloa
8. Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is a quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher
Submitted by baumee
9. If you are the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room. - unknown
Submitted by palebluedoll
10. I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. - Galileo
Submitted by reboticon
11. Don't worry about finding the right person. Focus on becoming the right person.
Submitted by macon_bacon
12. Whether you take the jacket off to please them, or keep it on just to spite them you already lost; because you're doing it for them. - Community, episode one
Submitted by RobCharities
13. Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. - Wendy Mass
14. Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past. - Lily Tomlin
Submitted by techniforus
15. The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago. The second best time is now. - Chinese proverb
Submitted by zazzlekdazzle
16. The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone elses highlight reel. - Steven Furtick
Submitted by yaahoe
17. No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man. - Heraclitus
Submitted by theHangedGod
18. The surest way to corrupt a youth is to tell them to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently. - Nietzche
Submitted by Iustis
Please don't forget to share.
Those of us who live in New York live this truth on a daily basis.
Sometimes, you just meet a person who isn't quite all there. It's hard to tell at first, but then you talk with them for a little while and it just becomes abundantly clear if they're two eggs short of an omelette.
The stories of how you find out are so interesting. But yet, they teach us to look for clues when we interact with others.