18 Powerful Confessions From Adopted Kids.
They may not have my eyes, they may not have my smile, but they have all my heart.
A big thank you to the folks who shared their stories on Whisper, a secret-sharing website for anonymous contributors worldwide.
1. People tell me I look like my parents all the time. I never really know how to respond, since I'm adopted.
2. My secret? My extended family does' know I'm adopted because my parent were too scared to tell them.
3. My parents don't know that I know I'm adopted. I found the adoption papers about five years ago. I'm 19 and they still haven't told me.
4/18. This guy once asked me why I always talk about my family. I told him, "Because at one point no one wanted me."
5/18. My advisor told me I was adopted when I was applying for college. I had no idea.
6/18. As far as I know, I only have one set of parents. My current ones.
Continue to the next page for more stories from adopted folks.
7. I just found out I was adopted. At least now I know why I feel like I don't fit in.
8. My mother never told me I was adopted. I found out from my brother five years ago.
9. When I was little, I would dream that I was really a princess and my parents gave me up to protect me from the bad guy.
10. I was adopted at birth and I can't think of a family that would make me any happier than my adopted one.
11. Today I found out that I'm adopted and my bio mom passed away. My world just got flipped upside down and inside out.
12. I wish people would stop saying, "I'm sorry" when I tell them I'm adopted.
Continue to the next page for the last 6 stories from people who were adopted.
13. I just found out all my birth parents left me was a note saying, "not to bother" them. Ouch.
14. I just found out I'm adopted. I feel like the last 28 years of my life have been a lie.
15. I want to tell my birth mom how much she means to me but I can't, because my parents would kill me.
16. The only thing I've ever really wanted to do in life was meet my birth mother.
17. Sometimes I wish I was adopted by a different family...
18. I just found out my birth mom basically sold me to the state so she could buy more crack.
On his deathbed, my grandpa told me three things to remember for after he died. First he said, "You can't own a cat. Ever." Second he told me, "Friendly boys make friendly friends." Finally he said, "You were adopted, just like your father before you, and his father before him." "So," I said, "you were adopted?" "Of course not!" he replied. "Your father's not my son, just like he's not your father." And to this day I am still confused. I have no idea why I can't own a cat.
Don't forget to share.
Whoops. That snip was just a hair too far....
Your first bad haircut probably made you want to die a little when you looked in the mirror. Imagine how the person cutting your hair must have felt. Although, maybe they didn't care at all, as evidenced by the bs excuse they gave you when you finished in the barber chair.