People Share Their Best Revenge Stories.

Some people, when they're treated unfair, feel the need to get revenge. For others, it's a matter of legal justice. These people shared their stories of the one time they got revenge on a company or another person, and their tales are honestly so satisfying.

If you still have a thirst for justice after reading these, check out the source link at the end of the article!

My first car was a 1984 Jeep CJ7, a pretty sweet ride for a dirt poor teenager in the 90s. I was working midnights at a gas station and loaned it to my brother who was taking a date to a party. I got a call around 1AM from my brother who told me he left the keys in the Jeep and it was stolen. I was devastated. I was still on the phone with my brother when the thieves pulled my Jeep into my gas station to fill up on gas. As luck would have it, the gas gauge on my Jeep was broken and always read "empty", and I worked at the only 24 hour gas stations in the area. I pressed the silent alarm and... proceeded to fill up my Jeep (it was a full serve station). When the thieves were out of the jeep, I saw an opportunity to slip the key out of this ignition and into my pocket. They paid for the gas, and argued amongst each other who had the keys last. The delay was enough for the police to arrive. I had to explain the story to the officer half a dozen times before he understood. The thieves had this stunned look of disbelief on their faces I'll never forget. The cops were belly-laughing telling the story to dispatch, all the while the thieves sat in cuffs in the back of the squad car. The story made most of the major newspapers the following day.


A couple years back I moved into this real exclusive apartment building in the Miami Beach area. I had no clue at the time my landlord was a fascist dictator. After she took my deposit and we moved in the problems started. She had all sorts of weird rules like shirts on for men at the pool, no talking on cell phones in the hallway, no overnight visitors and a whole list of stuff she literally made up and applied whenever she wanted.

We generally tolerated it until one day she decided kids were not allowed to play in the courtyard. She started harassing my son on a regular basis telling him he was not allowed to play in the courtyard. However I had an ace up my sleeve. See I took a real estate course a few years back and I knew that discrimination against kids in any way shape or form was against federal law.

Revenge time. I told my son to ignore her and play as much as he wants as late as he wants, granted he did his homework and his room was clean. One day she had enough and snapped even going as far as to scream at all the kids in the courtyard. She then knocked on every door who had a kid and informed them that playing in the courtyard by kids was not allowed. When she came to me I simply asked her to hand it to me in writing. She did.

Needless to say, I hired an attorney and won. 6 figure sum of which 30% went to my son's trust in his name. The owner of the building stood by her side the entire time and so rightfully the suit cost him the building. He was forced to sell the building. The new owner hired me as the building manager. I was the resident manager for over two years.

Pro revenge.


A few days ago I was on the unfortunate end of credit card fraud. The fraudsters decided to take my CC info and purchase $1000 worth of car parts from Philly and have it sent across the border to the city I currently live in, Vancouver, Canada.

Normally, this is where the story ends. Sometimes they get away with it, sometimes they don't, but either way my card is replaced and I continue on living my life. This however, is where the fun starts happening.

I got a call this morning about a DHL shipment entering the country that required customs to be paid. Knowing I haven't shipped anything with DHL in forever (they are the worst), I quickly come to the realization that it must be the fraudsters shipping their goods here.

"It can't be!" I thought. Who in their right mind would use a stolen credit card to order something to their own house in the city the owner of the card lives?

After a brief chat with DHL about the customs fees I will not be paying, I manage to obtain the address the package was being sent to. I hummed and hawed about it but eventually decided the best thing to do was call the local police department and let them know what was up.

I told the officer all about the situation. That unfortunately I did not know what car the parts were for and that I hope this info helps them somehow in the future. He tells me that the chances are slim but he will swing by the house (it's literally 15 minutes from my own) just to see if anything weird is going on and follow up with me if he needs to. I thank him and go on with my work day.

About an hour later I get a call from the same officer, obviously excited.

"Hi AtelierVieuxPont, It's Officer X. You will never guess what just happened. I was following up on the report and drove by the house. I decided to go knock on the door just to see if anyone was home and ask them a couple questions. A man opened the door and as we were talking, DHL drove up to deliver the package. Yes that's right, the exact package we had been discussing.

The delivery driver walks up to the door and says 'Hi, is AtelierVieuxPont there?' to which the man replies 'Oh yeah, he's just downstairs.'

You can imagine my surprise!

'That's pretty funny, because I just got off the phone with him and I know for a fact he doesn't live here' I said.

The guy, no joke, looks me dead in the face and goes

'Oh whatever, the package is paid for.'

I chuckled and turned to the DHL driver to tell him should leave because I need to make an arrest.

I'm calling you while I drive back to the precinct, thought it might brighten your day!"

I still cannot believe that they caught the guy, but thought it was a story that was too good not to share.


It was the early 1990's and I worked for a telemarketing company in Logan, UT. I was employed for two full days when I came to the conclusion that we were just scamming old people out of their money using grossly unethical methods.

I quit after my second day of work and when I received my paycheck I noticed that I was paid minimum wage instead of the $10.00 per hour I was promised when they hired me so I went back to complain. The office manager told me, "You didn't finish the 90 day probationary period so you only get minimum wage."

Nope. They never said anything about a probationary period in training and I know it wasn't in the contract I signed upon hire. (Yeah, I actually read it before signing it). As the office manager opened the door to have me leave he said, "See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya."

I was fuming. I called the city offices and discovered that the company didn't have a business license and reported them. Less than an hour later I watched as the police showed up and told them they would have to shut down operations until they had a business license. (It took 'em two weeks.)

When they were back in business I used an elaborate scheme to get myself on their call list and recorded several of their employees' efforts to sell me their crap (it was Utah and legal to record the calls). I knew what they were doing wasn't just unethical, it was illegal.

Not only did I report it to a local news station who had their consumer reporter (Debbie Dujanovic) do a two-part story on the scummy company but I also reported them to the FBI.

The owner of the company was one of the 200+ people that was arrested by the FBI in a nationwide sting of dishonest telemarketing companies. The FBI called it, "Operation Disconnect".

"See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya." Ha!


A few years ago I was married to a degenerate drug user.

I kept interfering with her drug lifestyle trying to get her treatment etc and she rewarded my efforts with a restraining order (lied, said I beat her and other overly dramatic stuff).

So, I get kicked out of my place and end up in a studio apartment with nothing but my toothbrush and the clothes I was wearing.

One of her great plans was to get a front for a ton of drugs using EVERYTHING OF VALUE WE OWN as collateral.

Drug dealer literally takes everything and puts it in a storage unit somewhere in town. Wife plans to stomp on the drugs, sell it and by the weekend and be a millionaire (awful logic).

Of course, she doesn't go with the plan and ends up just doing the drugs so now all our expensive stuff is in the wind.

I try to work out something with POS drug dealer but he wanted an absurd amount of payback, plus I made some threatening comments he didn't appreciate so negotiations stalled.

Eventually, I catch wind that he got locked up and that some friends took all HIS property and put it in storage for safe keeping until he got out.

I hit every storage place in town with my story and his picture hoping to catch some kind of break.

Eventually, I find the place. Owner tells me that the unit is going up for auction the next weekend for non-payment. He tells me if I just pay the 3 months back rent that he'd write it up as I won the auction and I can have the unit.

$320 gets slapped on the counter and we go drill the lock.

All my stuff is there! And, whaddaya know, now I own all his stuff free and clear.

And, cuz I'm a nice guy, I dug out all the personal irreplaceable stuff (old photos, important documents, etc), boxed them up and gave them to his mom (found her on Facebook).

Actually made quite a bit of money off the deal selling his stuff on Craigslist (came out about $2000 in the black on the deal).

Divorced now, have all my stuff and am happy.


I'm a wedding photographer, and was working with a super sweet couple. Everything was normal up until the cocktail hour. My partner and I were setting stuff up for the reception, and the groom comes up to us and asks the DJ if he can play a video for his wife. We assume it's some cute slideshow or something.

Toasts happen, then the video starts to play. Turns out the bride was sleeping with the best man, and the video was from a PI. The whole room went silent. Bride runs out, best man goes to follow her, groom's father punches best man out.

Everyone else ended up staying and having a great party. Super nice people, I ended up shooting the groom's second wedding.

I asked him why we went though with it, apparently they had a prenup. At the time of divorce, if adultery could be proven, the offending party owed the other 15k.


Last saturday I rode to my town's street mall, free motorcycle parking. My bike has a helmet strap lock, it looks like you can just grab my helmet and take off, but you can't. After lunch I saw a woman trying to get my helmet detached. Horrible right? Just cut somebody's seatbelts off next time. Luckily, there was a mall cop nearby. I filled him in and told him I was going to confront her. As casually as I could I wandered over and started asking her questions. "Wow, what year is that? That an 800cc?" The mall cop was standing behind her the whole time. At first she answered, but then told me to go away. "Hold on, I'm interested in buying your bike". She said "You can't have my bike, Go away." "Screw you, this is MY bike, get away from it." She got up all huffy and swearing at me. Well a real policeman ended up approaching us and she turned to leave and ran into the mall cop. He grabbed her arm. We filled the real cop in as she tried to wriggle out. The mall cop had been filming on his phone and showed the real officer. She was taken to the station, immediately released, but still got a $800 charge for attempted robbery and a court date.


I worked with a guy who really stuck it to his ex wife. When I met him he was working in a sporting goods store making 8 dollars an hour. He was not really like the other retail monkeys. He was older, well groomed, well spoken, clearly educated etc. One night after work he gets into his car, and I couldn't help but notice that it was a very very nice newish Jaguar. I asked him how he could afford it and he explained it to me:

He had been an SVP at a well-known fortune 50 company (which I will NOT mention the name of!), pulling in 300k with bonuses and stock options. He was married but the marriage fell apart and in the divorce, she demanded that she get the house and 40% of his wages. He and his lawyer somehow managed to get her to agree to let him keep the house in exchange for 75% of his dollar figure or employer specified lol. As soon as she took the settlement he quit his job and looked for a minimum wage job. He said to me that "She gets 75% of nearly nothing now". He had other money stashed away, so he didn't even need the job and he had the house and its equity as well. Also, no kids, so there was no child support. Just alimony.

She was furious of course, and tried to re-sue him but failed at least once and when she claimed that the settlement was not keeping her in the life style she was accustomed to, he simply told the judge that the divorce was traumatic to him and he could no longer do his old job as a result. At least at that time, she did not manage to get out of the deal. Not sure how it all ended. But I thought it was brilliant if not super spiteful.

He was a good employee too...good with customers, showed up on time, no absenteeism or anything like that. He claimed he loved each payday because it reminded him how little she was getting.


Backstory: My ex-fiance and I, were together a good amount of time. I fell in love with her, put a ring on her finger and was completely loyal to her for the whole stretch. I'll use J for short. J decided to tell me that she wasn't happy, she needed a break. She was no longer in love with me. After some digging, I found out she was screwing around behind my back. When confronted, she deleted everything. Compared to her phone records, there was quite a bit missing. After betraying my trust and lying to me for 8 months straight, I felt it was necessary to even the playing field considering she wasn't feeling the same hurt I was feeling.

Revenge: J worked in the car sales industry. During her time there, she would send me surveys to complete if she thought her customers would leave a bad one. It's an industry norm but never talked about. Negative surveys lead to a lower average and if the average drops below a certain point, she owes money. If it stays above, she gets money for every positive survey she has.

This is against her company's customer privacy policies. We would intentionally leave the house so my home IP wouldn't be attached. I was getting credit card offers in my email for these customers.

On top of the survey fiasco, she was taking certification tests for people at her workplace for cash and who knows what else.

The worst part was the guy she was screwing around with was a co-worker. She originally masked her texts with him by saying she was working a deal.

My next step here was to write this all up, send it to the manufacturer, her employers Corporate office and the trainer for the region. I also included some media sites, made it so they would feel more inclined to take action.

The next day I was contacted by her corporate office and asked to call in to provide more detail. I did and was assured that this matter will be investigated swiftly. I was able to provide the emails to Corporate and that's what ultimately sealed the coffin.

During this ordeal, I wasn't quiet about it, I told J what I was doing. She thought the managers had her back and she was untouchable.

A day passes, she leaves for work, an hour later she returns. Screaming and crying about how she got suspended. The following day, I get a text from J saying she had been fired.

Not only did she lose her job, she lost her career. She will never step back into a car sales position for the rest of her life.


A few years ago I used to work overnight (11pm-7am) for an insurance company. I did roadside service which consisted of people calling in about a flat tire, dead battery, or in this case, keys locked in the car. I'd then call and pay a contracted company to go out and help.

So around 3 am my time, a woman calls in from Phoenix for help. She's locked out of her car. She started the call off very impatient and belligerent. First off, she was slurring heavily so I was having a hard time getting her address. Which I guess was my fault. I had to have her repeat the city a few times since I genuinely could not understand her. She hated this and began mocking me and implying I wasn't from the country, which I in fact was. Apparently my southern accent didn't allude to that.

Anyway. Once I get the address I asked what the address was for a reference for the lock smith. House, store, gas station etc. She said it was a house. I looked it up in google maps and it was, in fact, a dive bar. Uh huh. Put her on hold to call the lock smith. Once I got back over she continued to be generally displeased and angry at me personally it would take 45 minutes for the lock smith to get there. Which is actually a decent time, especially past midnight. It was my fault she'd have to wait for her keys. Whatever.

I hung up with her and googled the local police. Called them and reported her for potential DUI. Mostly because she pissed me off.

Sure enough, about 45 minutes the locksmith called back saying he couldn't perform the service. I could hear yelling in the back ground. Apparently the woman began fighting with the police when they arrived and was being arrested by the time the driver showed up. Her boyfriend/husband (who the driver said seemed sober) was trying to talk them out of it.

So it turns out she did have a DD, but her drunken anger made her start fighting the police that showed up.

Be nice to call center employees.


I work in a bar, a few weeks ago 3 staff worked the close shift, did not check the toilets and somebody was locked in overnight. Those staff were called to a meeting and given their final warning.

They all asked that someone become a manager, to make sure all this stuff was checked (read: have someone to throw under the bus every time they mess up). One girl, let's call her Amy, has always hated me and put me up for it. I'm like ye ok, I'm the boss' right hand man anyway so I don't mind.

As I'm counting the till one night It's down by a small amount (about 9) my boss says it's normal, it's an old till which sometimes adds on products and therefore leaves it down. Ok... When I'm on shift, it's down by 15 on it's head, and the next day that I'm on shift it's down by 21. My boss still says, meh, it's a bad till. Amy whispers to my boss she thinks I'm skirting money from the till. I get put under investigation, while I'm not in work the till is only down by 2-3 which is normal.

So I start looking through the CCTV files from home, because as a manager I can do that. What I found was that it was Amy skirting from the tills, but she doesn't take the money. The angle of the camera just shows the right hand side of the till, so she thinks by shoving the money under the left side of the till no one will see it (I believe she did this in case she was caught and could just put all the money back). I carried on watching, and caught her giving drinks away for free. We've been having some issues with our CCTV data lately, it corrupts and won't work. And I find the problem, she has downloaded the app and is watching the CCTV. If it won't work she knows someone is watching it and actually does some work.

Which explains why we have been unable to open certain files, because she had the app open which stopped the access working. She somehow found the password and has been watching the pub, and it came to light that the night someone got locked in, she had not set the alarm and also watched the person inside after ours on the CCTV. We believe it was a plot to try and rob the pub, but she didn't count on us having the CCTV checked and repaired by the company which showed the log access.

She's fired and I believe she's getting sued.

UPDATE: Amy came to get her final payslip and money, and was SHOCKED to find that, because she's been stealing and all that. 1. She wasn't allowed into the premises 2. There was no money.

She's under investigation by the police, she knows about it and has made some sort of statement, it'll take a long time for all that to go through. She will be charged with theft, but we're not sure on the whole "assisting a failed robbery" thing. She's getting into trouble for making CCTV files public, because they're not supposed to be.

Just because that obviously isn't enough she also decided to launch some sort of attack on the landlady who told her to leave! She tried to punch her, but must have decided not to at the last minute and hit her open handed instead, she got slapped back (also open handed) and decided to go to the police for assault... because she must have forgotten about those tricky cameras! She's been bombarding my boss with abuse and this was the final straw, so now she has some sort of harassment charge. So hopefully that will be the end of her, it'll probably take some time before they charge her and court takes a while here too.


A couple years back I bought my wife flowers for Valentine's Day from a national florist that had affiliate florist shops all throughout the country (we'll call the big company NF for national florist and the local florist LF). So the flowers get delivered, and they look like complete garbage. The arrangement was smaller than advertised, and the flowers were a few days from fresh and wilting. Now, in my opinion, it's Valentine's Day, the one day a year a florist NEEDS to be on point. So I call LF to complain. I wanted either a replacement arrangement, or a refund so I could go elsewhere to get decent looking flowers for my wife (the grocery store would have been better honestly).

When I called to complain, the person who answered the phone was very rude right from jump. I have to assume it was a very busy day for her, and my arrangement wasn't the only one that had issues. The woman became very defensive, as if the flowers were a part of her soul and I was personally attacking it. I asked to speak to a manager, she replies "I'm the owner". We continued to argue for the next couple minutes, when I threatened to stop payment on my CC. She said "alright, I'm going to refund you the money, but you're NEVER allowed to step into my store again". And hung up on me.

Alright, I got you.

So I spend the next few hours on the phone with NF, bouncing all over the country from call center to call center moving one rung up the ladder of their corporate structure at a time. Until I get about 4 steps from the top, someone gives me a boost, and I got the actual number of the CEO of NF. I spend about 20 minutes on hold after speaking to the secretary and briefly explaining my situation.

I tell the CEO what happens, and he couldn't have been nicer. I told him, I had ordered from different NF stores from many different states in the past, and was generally satisfied, and I felt like LF in no way represents the NF brand, and they should lose their affiliation. He did not immediately respond to that request, but said he would investigate the situation, and in the meantime send me flowers from a different florist locally within the NF brand. I received those flowers from a florist an hour away, within 2 hours, and they looked amazing. Better than I could have asked for. About 2 weeks later, I received a letter in the mail (I didn't go into all this detail in my original comment, but the result is the same) and the letter apologized profusely, and thanked me for bringing this to their attention. Apparently, they keep tapes of the calls made to the florists, they reviewed the tapes and agreed, LF did not represent how NF wants to treat its customers, and LF will no longer be a part of the NF brand. He gave me a $250 gift card to any NF store.

Within 2 years, LF closed because it couldn't support being an independent florist in this suburb when there was already another florist under the NF brand.

So, sure lady, I won't step foot in your store again. But neither will anyone else.


Halloween 2012. It was around 2am and I had just arrived back home from a neighbourhood party. As I walked towards my house and the porch light came on, I couldn't help but notice that the left side of my car was completely covered in egg. All over the window, all over the door, all down the front windscreen and underneath the window wipers too. I was naturally infuriated, but it was halloween after all, I had just gotten unlucky. I grabbed a kitchen roll from the house and proceeded to spend 15 minutes trying to get egg off of my car in the dark. After thinking I had finally succeeded, I decided to sit in the car with a cigarette on the driveway, and call my friend. This is where it begins. 

As I was sat there, I could see through the rear-view mirror a car going past my house, slowing down, turning around and driving past again. It must have happened 4-5 times. 'What if these were the people who had egged my car?' I thought. I explained to my friend I needed to go, put the phone down and continued to watch this car acting really strangely on the road out front, until finally it stopped, 2 meters in front of my driveway. The engine went off, and through the darkness I could make out a tall hooded figure slowly depart from his crap-mobile and walk up to the rear of my car. He was checking around him, and looking in the direction of the house, before he crouched down behind my car and went out of sight. Was this the guy who had vandalized my car? What's he up to now? Without hesitation I launched myself out of the driver's seat and charged around the side of my driveway. He was obviously not expecting that, as he bolted away from the house (and his car) down the street in a record beating sprint. I looked down and saw two massive rockets (fireworks) stuffed into my car's exhaust, which he was about to light WHILST I WAS SAT IN THE CAR. By this time he was well out of sight, so I walked up to his car. He had left the window down on the driver's side. I put my head through and saw two sheepish chaps sitting there silently, staring at me in complete horror - and to my surpise, his car keys were still in the ignition. I quickly yanked them out and walked back into my house.

I had taken his car as prisoner on my driveway.

Without hesitation I was on the phone to the police. They said they were on the way and wanted to know where this guy was. By this time he had come back to the house and began banging on the front door shouting threats and demanding his keys back. Then the flashing lights came. I stood there holding his keys whilst he was swiftly arrested for attempted arson and vandalism. Halloween was complete.

I still have no idea who he was or why he was targeting me. I did get a thank you from the police because he was 'known' to them though. The car was removed first thing in the morning, and I assume his friends bailed out the car before the police came.


As humans often do, I became tired one day at work. I decided to use one of my 15 minute paid breaks to take a nap at my desk. One of my coworkers, who I have not only never wronged but never really had a conversation with prior to this, posted incredibly unflattering photos of me sleeping on Facebook all captioned by him with insults to my character and appearance. So, I got to wake up to a bunch of comments from people I've never met about how I'm a lazy, special-snowflake, millennial who looks like she used to be a man. That was super fun. What was even more fun was the fact that he's firmly planted in the Good Ol' Boys Club, which makes him bulletproof. The manager agreed that it wasn't professional, but the poor man was suddenly and inexplicably stripped of his ability to do anything about it by those jerks in corporate.

I decided to do my poor manager a favor and take the responsibility off his hands. I sent all the screenshots I took to HR. They can't fire my jerk coworker, but there are fates worse than firing. He is now currently becoming more and more annoyed by the mandatory harassment training he has to do. I can see him watching it at his desk, making annoyed comments to anyone who walks by and generally looking like he wants to shoot himself. I'm having a very good day today.

The kicker to all of this? I've been keeping track of all the 2 and 3-hour paid lunches that Mister Champion of the Company takes. To loosely quote the same man in his hilarious Facebook tirades against me, "How dare someone steal company time like this. What's wrong with people?" I'll be sending all of that to HR, plus some recordings of his racist/sexist tirades, when I leave in a week or two. I have interviews lined up, all for better paying jobs with lesser commutes.

Sayonara, bad company, you gave me the experience and the resume boost to ditch you like the sack of crap you are.


Many years ago, I was working as a telemarketer selling security systems. I worked in a call center, with the hours of 10am-8pm. We were given two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute break throughout the day, which we were told was unpaid.

Our pay was $290 (minimum wage @ 40 hours) + commission per week, on a draw so that if we didn't sell enough to make the $290 it would come out of any extra we got in subsequent weeks.

I had a bad feeling about the job because I had never been asked to fill any sort of paperwork out at all. No tax forms, no NDA, nothing. After a few months of working there, they started having us come in some Saturdays and at 9am instead of 10am - but our pay did not increase.

At this point, I started looking up the Fair Wage laws and found that what they were doing was completely illegal. First, the 15 minute breaks must be paid, and also they had failed to ever pay us overtime. I told a couple friends, and eventually got so fed up that I quit the job.

After quitting, my final paycheck was short a full week's worth of pay, and the manager said "That's to make up for the draw".

I filed a complaint with the board of labor immediately, and about a month later I got a frantic call from the manager asking how many hours I had worked there. I told him that it was his responsibility to keep records of what employees had worked there, but thankfully I had kept track of my start/end date, so I just gave him an estimate that came out to be 55 hours/week for the duration.

A friend of mine who still worked for the company said they had been shut down by the government for defrauding their employees, had to pay a huge fine, and we were all getting back pay.

A few months later, I got a check for about $1,500 in the mail. I hated working there, but I felt pretty good about the whole thing after the end.


Previous boss walked into the office where I was team lead over three engineers. I was out at the time, but heard this from the victim... Boss was angry about a mistake one of my guys made on an architectural plot (not a 'mistake', but a 'failure to use telepathy').

Boss got so angry that while standing behind the seated engineer he punched the guy in the side of the head.

As if immediately realizing what he did was wrong, he said; "Fix it" then left for the day.

I got back to the office soon after and they told me what happened.

We made a pact that if he ever put hands on one of us we'd all stand up and put him down hard and back each other up.

Well, it never came to that. After approaching upper management and HR I got the runaround on reporting the incident. They all basically said; "If it was that bad then report it to the police, but he's too high in the political structure to fire for this."

Unhappy with that answer, and with my guy unwilling to involve the police, was set a plan into action.

We invited HIS boss, the district manager to see the progress we had made on a day when boss wasn't around. During this I asked the DM to have "Skip-level 1-on-1s" with my guys saying that it would be good for morale." He agreed.

Each one of my guys opened with; "The biggest concern I have is that boss-man punched Tony a couple months ago and HR told us they couldn't do anything about it. How can you ensure my safety?"

I got called in and gave my story but had to say I wasn't there. I had tried to report it up through the proper channels and failed. I was told it was political suicide for my entire team if I was to push it.

District Manager didn't buy into the political stuff. He made things happen. We agreed that my guys should not be in fear of physical attack. I also had DM's backing in case of political fallout, and he was a personal friend of the CEO so that was good enough protection.

Boss-man was walked and trespassed. Boom, headshot.

Don't hit my guys!


My aunt is a Paramedic and used to drive an ambulance in England. One afternoon, she and her colleague were driving along a motorway (in work time) when she noticed a BMW weaving in and out of traffic, driving well over the speed limit. The driver was also breaking in the fast lane in front of cars and generally, being an all-round arsehole. Before too long, the driver, going around 80/90mph, spun out and careered off the road into a ditch.

Regardless of his arseholery, they immediately headed to the scene to offer aid. Amazingly, the driver only suffered very minor injuries and was refusing to receive any medical aid. He needed to be somewhere. My auntie, however, wanted to make sure she did her job properly and refused to let the man leave or get out of the car. She told him to stay still and remain seated whilst they check for any neck or back injuries (which he clearly didnt have). Being the professional that she was and wanting to make absolutely sure that no further injury could arise, she called in the fire brigade to cut the man out of his car.

And they did. They cut the roof of this guys BMW off to allow for easier access. To say he was pissed off was an understatement, but as she said to him "its better to be safe than sorry."

Maybe hell think about the consequences of driving like an arse in future.


Our lovely Homeowner's Association has decided that should you choose to decorate your exterior for the winter holiday season, your lighting may not have 2 consecutive bulbs that are the same color, unless ALL of your lights are the same color. Last year, I hung my usual blue lighting and intentionally swapped in one red bulb, just to piss off our HOA CC&R enforcement "officer." It took 2 days before I had a friendly phone call, another 3 days until I received a certified letter, and an additional 5 days until a $50 violation fine showed up. The holidays passed, and I continued to fight the fine. I refused to pay it. Late fees started to build, and eventually I was summoned to an association meeting. I compiled a list of some of the most wild HOA regulations I could find, to compare to the stuff I was dealing with. I admitted that I changed the bulb intentionally, and plead with the HOA board to have a little reason. It turns out that while a majority vote was needed to pass a new regulation, a unanimous vote is needed to change or repeal a regulation. All of the HOA board members, with the exception of one- who just so happened to be the old woman who cited me for the violation to begin with, agreed that the rule was unnecessary. This old woman proceeded to argue that even though she didn't live on my street, my lighting had RUINED her Christmas, and presumably the Christmas of everyone on my street. Finally, someone on the board pointed out that while they needed a unanimous vote to change the regulation, they only needed a majority vote to remove another member of the board. An immediate vote was taken, and the lighting nazi was removed from the board. A motion was made to re-vote on my case, and it was immediately dismissed.


There was one house here where the HOA would not let him paint the house the color he wanted. He had to use only the colors in their Palette.

So he did.

He used every color in the Palette.

In alternating Horizontal stripes.

They sued him over it and lost because every color he used was in the palette they gave him.


This happened a couple of years ago.

I'm a field technician, I work on proprietary equipment. I get a service call to work on a small piece of equipment. I walk in and introduce myself to the guy at the counter. My contact is upstairs but the machine is just off the entrance. She comes down and introduces herself and explains the issues. They are simple and won't take too much time to resolve.

Enter Smarmy Salesman. SS is an older guy that is dripping with the snake oil salesman vibe. SS starts chatting with Young Woman, polite and cordial at first. Then he blurts out "What I want to know is how you got those pants on!" YW immediately turns red, and then SS yells, "HAHA she is blushing!"

Meanwhile I'm working on the machine, my blood is boiling. But I was torn on what to do, I'm a vendor technician. I was afraid that I would lose my job if I said anything. So I finished and went over to YW and explained what I had done and the machine is working correctly... and I leave. I put my tool bag away, I get behind the steering wheel, start the car. My conscience is screaming at me, I can't leave until I say SOMETHING!

I go back in and everyone is gone. Everyone went off to do their thing, so I thought it was over. But it my conscience would not let it rest. That was a Friday, Saturday and Sunday were full of what happened on Friday. On Monday I sat down and researched the local company and their parent company. I collected several email addresses from both companies and I wrote a very detailed explanation of who I was and what happened, sent from my personal email address.

Tuesday morning my phone rings. It is the HR manager from the local company. He thanked me for my email. He also stated that he corroborated the story with YW, who confirmed that it happened as I stated. He then tells me that SS was fired and the whole company will be given a course on sexual harassment. He then adds, I have an 18 year old daughter. I never want her to spoken to in that manner.

I thanked him for following up with me.


This place I used to work was an Inn/restaurant and wedding venue. I would break my back on a daily basis for them. I even got a good friend of mine a job there. Well one pay period we were both entitled to overtime pay (more than 40 hours worked in one week) but we were told that they don't do overtime. I am fortunate enough to be educated in my rights as an employee so I questioned them how they could get away with it. I shared my knowledge of the law and was essentially shut up and told to mind my own business. 

Flash forward a year or so, at this point I am feeling very taken advantage of and disrespected so I address this. Instead of being professional and addressing the issue, I was yelled at and pretty much called an idiot for accusing the owners of being disrespectful. So, since they ended it like that, I decided to finally call the department of labor and report their violations. Well wouldn't you know, they got audited. Thank god. Turns out I only got minimal overtime owed but I'm thankful I called because there were other employees there that were owed a lot more money.


In the 1980s my boss became the "showrunner" for the shop he worked at. He was in charge of everything - he effectively owned the place in every way except actual ownership. He eventually got tired of running the place without having any ownership, so he talked to some banks and investors and got enough money together to buy the company. He arranged a meeting with the owners (who were very hands off and trusted him to run everything for them) to present his proposal. Normally a single meeting won't be enough for something like this, and he didn't expect it to be, but the owners had different ideas. He presented them the offer and they laughed at him. They asked him why they'd sell the business to him when they'd make so much more money by watching him run it? Needless to say, my boss was hurt and pissed. He put in his two weeks notice on the spot, which they also laughed at, believing he wouldn't leave. Imagine their surprise when he did.

A few months later my boss had purchased a competitor business and rebranded it, but was having difficulty gaining new business to supplement the weak list of clients the company had come with.

As I said, my boss ran everything at the old company, and he's always been very hands-on. This includes sales, and he had personally interacted with all their customers at some point. This particular company made all employees sign a contract saying they wouldn't actively try to steal clients away should the employee leave, and my boss knew he'd be in enormous legal trouble if he did, so he couldn't directly go to his old customers as a sales call. What he did instead was call to apologize for his sudden departure from Company A - nothing more. Naturally, considering the good relationship he'd had with these clients, they asked where he'd gone and showed interest in following him.

Fast forward a few years. Boss's new company now has almost all the original clients from Company A, who tried to sue when they found out about the clients, but lost. The owners of Company A approach my boss. They tell him Company A is going bankrupt, and unless they can find a buyer they're going to lose everything in the process. Would he be interested in buying the company now, maybe even using it as a second location?

My boss smiles and tells them, "Why would I buy your business when I will make so much more money by watching you lose it?"


So I have (had?) a client that decided he didn't want to pay the full price for my web design services AFTER he signed the agreement. What happened was he paid my 50% deposit, and I sent him the beta version on my server. He took that link to other designers and asked them to build it for cheaper. When he found a designer who would, he told me he was no longer needing a website for his business and wanted to terminate. When I said he was on the hook for the amount, he ignored me for a week and then told me he hated the website. I sent collections after him and the agent found out he had another designer working for him. This new designer charges $350 for a complete website with a year of hosting and SEO.

What happened next is phenomenal.

New designer couldn't copy my website, so he provided an HTML (non responsive, to boot) website instead. Collection agent gave me the new website and when I looked, it was okay looking. I checked the source and right in the header tag, it said, "mirrored from..."

His designer copied the code, pictures, slogan and favicon from this other company. Being the good little designer I am, I contacted the company and asked if they knew their website had been copied. Obviously, they did not. I sent a bunch of screen caps and information to him.

Owner of website contacted my (ex) client and ripped him a new one. Client threw the designer under the bus, so the company owner called the designer next. Owner of the company threatened corporate lawyers on him.

By 11pm last night, the website was offline. By 7am this morning, a new website was up... again mirrored from a hair & beauty salon in Las Vegas.

So I called the web designer of that website and let him know. His response, "of all the websites I've done, they copied that one?". He called the designer and the designer responded by removing the "mirrored from" tags in the code. Original designer will be doing a little research and starting the process for theft of intellectual property tomorrow.

Because I'm a horrible person, I went through this designer's profile and found a few more copied websites, and sent screen caps of pages and the code to each of the original owners, as well as information on what to do. If someone wants to copy code and learn from it, fine. But don't sell someone's hard work as your own.

At this point, I don't even care if I get paid from my ex client, because I have been so amused by this entire saga. But I updated my collections agent and after he was done laughing, he was going to call my ex client back and recommend he pay me completely and get the original website I created for him, rather than the mirrored hack job(s) he also paid for.


This was in Christmas 2001, back when we still trusted the internets and ebay was a sure bet for getting a deal. We were looking for a nice gift for our 6 year old and having limited funds thought that maybe a slightly used PS2 console would be awesome. We found a seller with a long history and a good rating that had a console and a dozen games with it for ~$300. Especially considering the games this was a fantastic deal, maybe half off of retail. The seller was mostly into selling sports cards but he had a variety of other auctions including lots of video games. It would be our whole Christmas budget for him but was too good to pass up.

So we won the auction and sent payment. The seller replied with a variety of emails saying congrats and hell send it at the end of the week as he was out of town. A week goes by and we hear nothing. We emailed and he gave some excuse and asked for another day. We emailed again and he said he mailed it but didnt have the tracking number, yada yada yada. As it became clear that we had been scammed we were pretty distraught as that was our Christmas savings for our boy.

My wife wouldnt let it go and has always been quite good at internet sleuthing so she started looking through his ebay history and noted that while he had been a solid A++++++ seller for years many poor reviews starting flooding in. Many people eventually got the product or a refund but it was taking longer and longer to resolve. She also looked through yahoo auctions (that was a thing then!) and found a seller with a different name with the same items up for sale. Using that username she was able to find an online dating profile that used the exact same username had his picture, email address, and actual address!

This had gone on for a few weeks and the emails continued back and forth with promises of eventual refunds and lies about lost shipments and all so she looked up the local police dept in the city and they actually had an online fraud dept. She told him the story and he said that they had received numerous complaints about a scammer that others had tracked items to the city but we were the first with an address. He drove to his house and he was there with a garage full of sports cards and stuff. He basically got behind and started kind of an ebay Ponzi scheme where he would get money from new auctions to pay back old auctions while taking cash out and getting further and further behind. It was amazing. I think he owed about $10K to dozens of people. He ended up getting arrested and was forced to have wages garnished to pay back people and got community service. We got our money back but it took a few months.


My fiance died and at the funeral his Ex wife had the eulogy speech written all about her. How he proposed to her and on and on about her and her life and her schools and towns, etc. The speech was a brilliant example of denial and narcissistic personality disorder, going way passed time permitted and taking up 3/4 of the total time allowed for speaking. She managed to make the life and death of a man all about her in front of a packed full church. They were married less than two years and divorced longer than 5 years. She and all her family and friends took up the first several rows in front of the casket forcing his actual family (Mom brother cousins nephews ME with his 6 month old son) to find other places to sit. She showed up in a limo like she was a movie star, complete with histrionics around playing the wealthy widow, but without the real tears. She kept dabbing a designer hanky around her eyes but there were no tears.

Like a vulture she was perched and ready for this funeral long before he ever died. Why? In their divorce settlement she had a stipulation that he was required to carry a $3 million life insurance policy with her as the sole beneficiary. Seriously. She was actually excited every time he had a health scare. My fiance CANCELED the policy literally one month before passing away. He found a way to have the final say in their relationship, with this final screw you! At the funeral she was acting like she already had that $3 mil in the bank. face all frozen, designer dresses, limo, and on.

The way I see thing is that her narcissism cost her $3 million, so I let her have her time in the lime light as she definitely paid for it!


This happened a couple of years back. I'll try to keep it as short as I can with as much detail as I can.

I was married for 12 years. My wife was a wonderful person. We had many laughs together and many great times as well. She also happened to be lying.

Between the years of 2004-2007, she had multiple affairs including:

  • My daughter's 1st grade teacher
  • The security guard in the building where she worked
  • The son of one of her friends

This went on for 3 years behind my back. I had no clue she was cheating. During the summer of 2007 I discovered the affairs. I confronted her with it and she didn't deny it. But instead of, you know, taking responsibility for it she told me she was running away to be with some dude she met on the internet. I thought she was joking and didn't take it seriously. The next morning she was gone. Neither me nor my daughter saw her for a year and a half. It hurt her a lot because she really looked up to her mom. Finally I got sick of hoping she would come back and I filed for divorce on the grounds of abandonment. She eventually came back and tried to act like nothing happened. Didn't matter because I got full custody. She also tried to sue me for alimony but that failed miserably as well.

The revenge? Letting her screw herself over. She lost all of her friends, is in a ton of debt and her parents hate her. She works as a waitress at a restaurant and is living with random people off of CL. But what I know hurts her the most is my daughter, who's now 17, wants absolutely nothing to do with her. She got her visitation rights terminated by the courts, so she can't see her either.


Years ago when I was new to mobile development I worked on an mobile game for a guy that bought the existing code for the game from my previous boss. I didn't work on the game originally but I got referred to him when he needed a developer to do some work on it. I was only hired to re-skin the game and add the translation he provided.

I did everything I was hired to do but the underlying code he bought was bad and had a lot of bugs. I even fixed some of those bugs, even though that wasn't what I was hired for. Since I was fairly new to the industry I didn't take any money up front (yea I know stupid), but was going to get paid as soon as the app was in the Apple appstore. There were bugs in the code I couldn't fix at the time and the original developers were no help, but he wouldn't pay me till they were fixed.

After a bit of disagreement on what I was hired to do he stopped answering my emails so I logged back into the server and removed the web service code for the game and make the app completely useless.

We never came to an agreement so he had a useless game in the appstore that didn't work that he paid a fair amount of money for when he bought the code.



Whoops. That snip was just a hair too far....

Your first bad haircut probably made you want to die a little when you looked in the mirror. Imagine how the person cutting your hair must have felt. Although, maybe they didn't care at all, as evidenced by the bs excuse they gave you when you finished in the barber chair.

Keep reading... Show less