It's not necessarily something you consciously realize, but one day you may wake up and realize, "I'm an adult".
Here, people reveal the moment the realized they had become an adult.
1. I spend 5 minutes in the supermarket deciding what toilet paper to get. How many ply? What colour? Is the 16 pack much cheaper than the 8 pack? So many questions.
2. When I found myself interested in conversations about things like interest rates and building my retirement portfolio.
Also found myself downstairs last week in my underpants watching the history channel and trying to get my baby girl to go to sleep by singing to her- a song that I made up on the spot about a stain on the carpet shaped like a bunny rabbit.
I realized in that moment that I had become my own father. That gave me pause... and then great satisfaction, because my dad is awesome.
3. When I realized that playing board games and having a glass of wine with a few friends was better than clubbing on a Friday night.
4. I went to an amusement park and I looked around at all of the 14 year old girls in their jean short shorts, making out with their 18 year old boyfriends, cutting in lines, and swearing in front of little kids. My first thought was, "Where are their parents?!?"
5. Got married and used the gift vouchers I was given to buy a toaster –4 slice one – and a coffee grinding mill. The rush I got from bringing those bad boys home was intense. I then proceeded to ring my mom to inform her of the multiple toasting settings it did and a review of the toast.
Continue onto the next page for more!